This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Mike.

• Author
     Mike
    Participant

Not seeing an obvious way to modify the breadcrumb trail (though, it’s likely I am overlooking it). Is there an easy way to do this? I’ve changed Page and Slug titles, and now it doesn’t match with the breadcrumb trail.

Thanks so much!

Mike

sharmstr

The breadcrumb will auto change if you update the page title or the custom page title.

If you want to customize it beyond that, you’ll have to filter the breadcrumb class. If you dont know how to do that, you’ll have to hire someone who does.

Also, do a search here. I believe I wrote a big of an example on how to filter one time and I also think there is a topic where someone mentioned using a plugin that allowed him to change it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mike
    Participant

Good to know. I think the normal “pages” change, but some of the BuddyPress breadcrumbs, like “Site-Wide-Activity” don’t, even if I change the Page / Slug name.

Thanks!

sharmstr

Incorrect. The titles dont change, but the breadcrumbs do. See attached.

Maybe you have something overriding them.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Mike
    Participant

You’re right. Hmmm. Then, I guess I need to change the Title, not the actual breadcrumb. Is that a different problem entirely?

sharmstr

Yes. Those titles are set by bp in the core code. You can change those by translating Kleo

See…
    #: wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity/bp-activity-loader.php:112
    msgctxt “component directory title”
    msgid “Site-Wide Activity”
    msgstr “”

Mike
    Participant

That worked! Perfect! Thanks!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?