This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

I’d like to modify the profile section so when the user wants to get to his buddypress menu, s/he doesn’t have to see his or her profile everytime and they do not need to drop down the page to go to the BP menu (some user have long porfile and sometimes they don’t even see the BP menu under).

This was addressed in the following topic but the moderator did not make the code public as promised:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/hide-users-own-profile-section

Thanks

Piroo
    Participant

Yes, count me in please.
    Want to know that too.
    Maybe ‘t could be nice with a accordion solution: ➜ My Profile
    Users don’t like to scroll down for that.
    Thank you.

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Can we get a response on this please, guys?
    Most grateful 🙂

Laura

Hello, in that post i didint had the user credentials to test the code, so i couldnt share it. Could you share credentials so i can test? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, got it, thanks! Will create the code, as i cant access your ftp i will give you the step to add it, please give me some time to do it 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Hi Laura

Do you have the information, yet please?

Thanks

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

I note that this thread was marked resolved however I have been waiting for approx 3 weeks. Any update yet?

Laura

Hello, sorry for the delay, please understand that this is a custom request that i wanted to provide, but there are many topics and i go one by one in order.
    The topic is set as resolved because is not a suppport question, is a custom request 🙂
    I will reply in some minutes with the code and how to apply it

Laura

Hello, so here is the code, please add it to your header.php ( or footer.php ) of child theme

COPY CODE

<?php
    if ( !bp_is_my_profile() )
    {
    <style type="text/css" style="display: none">
    div#profile {
        display: none;
    }
    </style>
    }
    ?>

It should hide the profile
    Let me know if it works 🙂

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Hi Laura

Thank you for your response. I have tried this as advised but I keep getting an error message. Is there somewhere in particular that I need to place this code within the aforementioned files?

Many thanks

Laura

Hello, try this instead 🙂

COPY CODE

<?php if ( bp_is_my_profile() ) { ?>
    <style  type="text/css" media="screen">
    #profile {
    	display:none;
    }
    </style>
    <?php } ?>

BurntCorkMedia
    Participant

Perfect Laura. Thank you! 🙂

Laura

Glad it worked! 🙂

Piroo
    Participant

Thanks Laura, it works.
    But … now a user can never see their own profile and their own photo.
    That’s why I proposed to use an accordion for this so that the profile can be opened with a triangle or so.
    Ah, I’m aware that this is probably too much asked in terms of custom request. I would understand.
    Or is there another solution just maybe?
    Thanks anyway.

Laura

Hello, that was for BurntCorkMedia because they wanted to hide it for the user, his own profile. What exactly do you need?, an accordion to show or hide it?

Piroo
    Participant

Yes, with an accordion, they see that their own profile is available and they can open it and close it. When it is closed it does not take much space. Would be nice 🙂

Laura

Hello, this would require to use another plugin and some php – css changes… That is more than what i can offer here, because it needs some time and development. You can contact laura@seventhqueen.com for custom requests

Piroo
    Participant

Thanks Laura, I understand perfectly.
    I’ll think about that …

Laura

Hello, thanks you for understadng 🙂
    Will be here if you need anything more

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?