This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by mtgame21.

• Author
     mtgame21
    Participant

Asking to see if you have any suggestions (or plugin) on how to accomplish the following…

Im using iflychat plugin and you can create multiple chatrooms. To display the different chatrooms, you just modify the shortcode, which is easy. I would plan to create an individual chatroom for each buddypress group and would like to display it on that Group page. For example, Group 1 page would display Chatroom 1 in the sidebar, etc…

My buddypress group pages are defined in theme options to use the left and right sidebar template. Currently I use a widget that allows you to embed a shortcode. I can define the shortcode to display a chatroom, but it is the same chatroom on every Group page.

Is it possible to define and assign a different sidebar for each group page? And on each of these sidebars I would have a widget with the correct iflychat shortcode to display that group’s chatroom.

Laura

Hello, not right now, but maybe you should talk with the plugin developers to see if they have any integration with buddypress groups 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mtgame21
    Participant

In case someone else is interested, found a good plugin to accomplish this

http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-extended-user-groups-widget/

This ticket can be resolved…thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?