This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     doorscomputers
    Participant

My avatar  isnt looking nice if placed at the center. Is there a way to move down the avatar like facebook. I even put into transparency all the meta content on the profile header because if i display:none it will shrink the header.I even turned off in the group section the avatar uploding because its covering the background and isnt nice to look at. can someone help with this problem?thanks much

Laura

Hello, please try by adding this to style.css of child theme 🙂

COPY CODE

.bp-user #buddypress #item-header-avatar {
        margin-top: -20px !important;
        position: absolute !important;
        margin-left: -45% !important;
    }
    .buddypress div#item-header {
        padding-top: 140px !important;
        padding-bottom: 50px !important;
    }

Let me know if it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

doorscomputers
    Participant

I tred but didnt work.anyay its okay ill just let it stay that way.thanks for the help. I just have one question on the avatar group. I disabled already the avatar for groups in budypress. But I want still to let users upload avatar, I just dont want to show the group avatar in the groups cover profile.but I want to show the avatar on the widget.I dont want to disable the group to upload avatars I just dont want it to show anymore on the groups profile cover coz its covering the cover.Thank you so much

Laura

Hello, please try by adding this to style.css of child theme 🙂

COPY CODE

.groups #item-header-avatar {
        display: none !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

doorscomputers
    Participant

thanks but its not working

doorscomputers
    Participant

when I add the code it makes the group cover smaller.it will make the height smaller cutting the group cover. how can i retain the size of the cover while using this code mam?thanks much

doorscomputers
    Participant

Im sorry, i just did something already, added a code on css
    #item-header > #item-header-avatar, #item-header > #item-header-content {
    border-color: transparent;
    height: 290px;
    }
    and its now okay. Thank you so much for your help and your time.One more question regarding the groups profile cover and the members profile over, why its not responsive on mobile.it should make the covers smaller and not cut the images

doorscomputers
    Participant

im sorry but i thought its working fne but it made the cover shorter and cut the image, I added the css #item-header > #item-header-avatar, #item-header > #item-header-content {
    }
    it worked fine o the group but not on the members profile.it made the members profile larger.ho can i fix this?thanks mam

Laura

Hello, for the groups use

COPY CODE

.groups #item-header-avatar #item-header  #item-header-content {
    }

For the profile page, how do you want it?

doorscomputers
    Participant

hello can I ask another question on the profile avatar, I am using a boxed layout can you help me reposition the avatar as it is blocking the profile cover.maybe put it down to the left side like the other plugin bp cover https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-cover/
    and would also be good on the mobile.thank you so much

doorscomputers
    Participant

I added this code and I was able to move it but on mobile the avatar disappears,. please help. Thank you

doorscomputers
    Participant

I added this code and I was able to move it but on mobile the avatar disappears,. please help. Thank you

.buddypress #item-header-avatar.rounded img.avatar {
    border-radius: 0;
    position: relative;
    top: 215px;
    left: -650px;
    }

Laura

Hello, please try by replacing the last code you added with

COPY CODE

@media screen and (min-width: 800px) {
       .buddypress #item-header-avatar.rounded img.avatar {
    border-radius: 0;
    position: relative;
    top: 215px;
    left: -650px;
    }
    }

doorscomputers
    Participant

thank you for the code it worked but is there a way we can let the avatar stay on that position blow so not to cover the profile header?thanks much laura for the codes

Laura

Hello, do you mean move it outside of the header? That could be a bit more complicated, let me know exactly how do you want it to look like 🙂

doorscomputers
    Participant

its nice on desktop but on some tablets the avatar is gone, on smaller phones the avatar goes into the center. if theres a way that the avatar wont change its position and stay on the left and bottom of the profile cover just like its position on the desktop.thank you so much

doorscomputers
    Participant

its okay ill just have to find another way.thanks

Laura

Hello, i understand the issue but that is made so the website is responsive for every device, all elements change for a better user experience 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?