This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     pittsleyb
    Participant

I have disabled favorites and subscriptions and would like to move tags to the favorites location and style it like the author and posts (small uppercase). Is this possible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

I tried to figure this out for you twice today :/ I know the call that creates the tag and where it lives, I’m just having a hard time injecting it where you want. Kleo doesnt touch that location. Its all handled by bbpress. Have you asked over there?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

pittsleyb
    Participant

I couldnt figure it out either, I tried and tried to move it down. I can move the tags other places just not there, lol.

sharmstr

I have a plugin called bbPress go to first unread post. That injects a ‘mark as read’ right next to the favorite and subscribe links. I took a quick look and I think its using the bbp_theme_after_topic_title filter to do it. That’s as far as I got.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

pittsleyb
    Participant

I’m not that smart, but thank you lol

sharmstr

I got it. I totally forgot that I had made my ‘mark topics read’ plugin print out next to the favorite and subscribe links.

Anyhow, copy plugins/bbppress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-replies.php to /kleo-child/bbpress/loop-replies.php

Add the following after _e(‘posts’,’bbpress’) around like 25

COPY CODE

<small><?php bbp_topic_tag_list(); ?></small>

Then copy /kleo/bbpress/content-single-topic.php to /kleo-child/bbpress-content-single-topic.php and comment out bbp_topic_tag_list function around line 24.

pittsleyb
    Participant

You sir, are the man. That worked but it is smaller than the author and posts and not lined up as shown in the screenshot. I will work on it.

Attachments:
     pittsleyb
    Participant

I floated it right with a div and that worked to remove the spacing, now working on the style to match.

sharmstr

Hmmm. Well I put the <small> tags around it because you said in your first post that you wanted them like the post meta. Try removing those.

Also, I’m not a man. 😀

pittsleyb
    Participant

Well you are a queen then lol. Yep, I just wanted it to match the Author and post font but cant figure that out.

sharmstr

I am the queen. Look how many crowns I have. LOL. just kidding.

Do this instead. Change your function call in the loop to this.

COPY CODE

<?php echo my_bbp_get_topic_tag_list(); ?>

Then in your functions.php file add this

COPY CODE

function my_bbp_get_topic_tag_list( $topic_id = 0, $args = '' ) {

// Bail if topic-tags are off
    		if ( ! bbp_allow_topic_tags() )
    			return;

// Parse arguments against default values
    		$r = bbp_parse_args( $args, array(
    			'before' => '<span class="bbp-topic-tags" style="float:right;"><small class="meta-category">' . esc_html__( 'Tagged:', 'bbpress' ) . ' ',
    			'sep'    => ', ',
    			'after'  => '</small></span>'
    		), 'get_topic_tag_list' );

$topic_id = bbp_get_topic_id( $topic_id );

// Topic is spammed, so display pre-spam terms
    		if ( bbp_is_topic_spam( $topic_id ) ) {

// Get pre-spam terms
    			$terms = get_post_meta( $topic_id, '_bbp_spam_topic_tags', true );

// If terms exist, explode them and compile the return value
    			if ( !empty( $terms ) ) {
    				$terms  = implode( $r['sep'], $terms );
    				$retval = $r['before'] . $terms . $r['after'];

// No terms so return emty string
    			} else {
    				$retval = '';
    			}

// Topic is not spam so display a clickable term list
    		} else {
    			$retval = get_the_term_list( $topic_id, bbp_get_topic_tag_tax_id(), $r['before'], $r['sep'], $r['after'] );
    		}

return $retval;
    	}

pittsleyb
    Participant

the other way worked as well, what is the difference?

pittsleyb
    Participant

got it with this

<div style="float: right; font-size: 13px"><?php bbp_topic_tag_list(); ?></div>

pittsleyb
    Participant

Here is the working screen

Attachments:
     sharmstr

The other way printed out a div, as you’ve figured out. I put the small tag on there because you said you wanted them to be like the post meta 🙂

So, you’re set now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?