This topic has 27 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi

I’m finding the extra vector icons I added via fontello are not working for me, plus some in the list already there do not show when I click to use them in the admin dashboard, menu section. Can you help please?!

Here is what I have done so far:

I’ve followed the directions here under the vector icons sections:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo

1. I uploaded the json file to fontello.

2. Added some new icons by uploading the svgs and fontello added them fine.

3. I selected these extra icons and downloaded the new folder of icons, leaving all the kleo ones as well.

4. I FTP’d the files needed to the kleo theme. Fontello also gave me a .woff2 file that kleo doesn’t have. I left that file behind, but also then copied that to kleo as well, but it still doesn’t work. I uploaded the two css files to the css folder and the .eot, .svg, .ttf and .woff files to the font folder

5. When I log on to my site and go the the appearance/menu sections I see a big list of icons. But not my new ones! I also find some icons in the list, when selected, do not appear on the site, try the ones right at the top of the list, e.g. ‘add62’

I’ve attached my fonetllo file. I’ve uploaded the updated json file back to fonetello and it shows that the icons I added are there.

Hope you can help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Great, thanks
    One started working last night, so I went to add more today but no joy. However when it did work I noticed the Kleo empty heart icon for liking changed to another icon! Then clicking it to lick changed to another icon, neither of them were heart icons!

Radu

You can import additional icons like this

Go to http://fontello.com

Click on this icon from middle page then press import, go to pack that you have downloaded from themeforest in this path : /MainFiles/Assets/Fontello then upload config.json then if will appear the icons from kleo pack and you can select additionally icon after you select your needed icons press download webfont the extract the pack in kleo-child/assets

That’s all

Note : Child theme needs to be installed and activated

Before start the process i recommend you to re-upload the original theme files over the existing theme files.

Best Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi Radu, thanks for the reply

They are the exact steps I followed, you’ll see I looked at the instructions and the steps I listed were those in my post.

I’m using the child theme also. Could it be worth me uploading the original kleo theme files again then? Will I have to go through all the setup option in Kleo though. You mean the child theme also, re-upload that? Not sure how that’s going to help unless I’m missing something?

Radu

Hi,

No, without child theme files.

That’s are the steps…. if continue to not work try to applies those directly in parent… to see if it works, you can revert theme to original files by re-upladi the parent theme over the existing files of kleo

Pay attention to files path

Try again please and let me know

Cheers
    R.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

I’ll try a fresh install of the parent theme then and report back.

Just to double check, my version of the fonts, I should not be creating font folders in the child theme and adding them there. I update the files in kleo parent theme right?

Thanks

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi, well I was a little sceptical, but that worked!
    Thank you.

I reinstalled kleo. I then straight away uploaded the new font files. I also noticed that you have the .json file in the fonts folder as well. Your guide does NOT mention replacing that one. I replaced this file the new .json file that fontello provided. Perhaps this is missing in the guide?

Also, I then changed the menu icons in the admin dash whilst using the parent theme, not the child theme, and it worked. I’m not sure if changing in the child theme would have been fine, but I did it in the parent and it is all good I’m pleased to say. I’ve now activated the child theme and the icons are still there on the menus as expected.

Glad we got it working 🙂

Radu

Great

Have a nice week

Cheers
    R.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Oh, by the way, the icons are now broken however in the kleo settings screen in the admin backend. Only the twitter one shows now. Odd.

Radu

Most probably you have dome something wrong, so please try again, re-upload the parent theme files over the existing one, and add the custom icons to child theme, let me know if it works if not i will take a closer look via fTP

Cheers
    R.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

mmm, add the custom icons to the child theme? I’ve been adding them to the parent, as that is what the instructions here say:
    To extend the included vector icons:
    1. Select additional icons as you wish
    2. Click the Download button.
    3. You will have a similar folder as we provided in Assets/Fontello
    4. Copy all the files inside the “font” subfolder that have the extensions like .eot, .svg, .ttf, ,woff to *****kleo/assets/font*****
    5. Copy from css/ folder the files fontello.css and fontello-ie7.css into ****kleo/assets/css/*****
    6.That is it.

I added anther icon to my set today and it took a lot of deactivating themes, deleting kleo and reuploading for it to work but my extra icons are all there now. But the kleo settings page is still not finding its icons for some reason.

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

If you cannot use your custom icons, please provide admin credentials and ftp to can take a look there

Cheers
    R

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi
    My custom icons are there in the admin menu section for selection and working on the website front end. Im not sure if Im going to have issues if I try using some of the icons that were originally included now though, as the kleo settings page seems unable to find any of the icons apart from the twitter bird now.

I only added to the icons, I did not remove any.

My ftp details were on my first post if you want to take a look.

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

I cannot figure out what’s going on… no file missing….

Can you please to re-upload the original theme files by replacing the existing files ?

And then upload here the fontello archive with your icons, i will try myself.

Cheers
    R.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

PS, I didn’t then update any font files. I left kleo totally as I downloaded it. I donwloaded my version a few months back, and I uploaded those files, but some how straight away it was showing as the latest june version 4.0.8

Radu

Hi,

I’ve figure out what’s causes the theme option icons problem, one of you plugins do that, i’ve de-activate all plugins and the theme options shows normally, please upload again the icons, and enable plugins one by one back to identify what causes this,from my point of view wanguard can be cause.

NOTE : K-elements and Visual composer needs to be updated go here : http://carshow.life/wp-admin/themes.php?page=install-required-plugins and update those plugins.

Let me know if can i make the topic as resolved

Cheers
    R.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

I really don’t know what is going on!

I just uploaded my new fontello pack, left everything plugin wise turned off still and they do not show in the backend menu setup or on the front end website. I switched to the child theme and the icons do not show for selection in the backend, but the child theme is suddenly picking up the custom fonts I uploaded and using them! I can see them on my menu items on the live frontend of the website.

This is just so odd.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Now I swtiched back to the Kleo main theme and the theme is picking them up to show on the homepage. Now my custom ones have suddenly dissapeared. So odd!

You’re right about turning on the plugins, I just now then turned all the plugins back on and the icons have gone on the menus on the kleo settings page, so at least we know whats causing that.

I’ll keep switching themes and uploading the icons until I get them showing again. Fingers crossed I will

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

I think it could be something to do with the .json file not being read when I upload a new version meaning I don’t see them to select in the back end.
    I deleted the .json file out of curiosity. I saw an error at the top of my dashboard saying it couldn’t load.

I added it back and the error went, but when I go to appreance->Menus I see the icon drop down box to select an icon, but it is blank now! No icons to select at all.

I’ve tried lots of silly things like clearing browser history, switching between themes etc, but no icons at all to pick at the minute! Oddly the standard icons show on the frontend of the website though, just not my custom ones.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

So I can’t get any icons in the drop down at all still. I’ve deactivated all plugins. Deleted kleo via FTP. Uploaded base kleo and re-activated and still nothing. Please see screen shot. I’m pretty sure that .json is not getting read for some reason as the icons appear on the website.

See screenshots attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

I refreshed the website now, and now the front end has lost the icons (the ones that come with the theme), weird, as there seems to have been a delay on them going. I watched TV for an hour, refreshed the site and now they are gone from the front end menus.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Morning. In the interests of moving on with the site development I pushed a staging copy live this morning and now the icons are all back on my site. So I’m going to ask you LEAVE my live site alone, as I need to press on with that.

At some point as I want to add more icons to my site I’ll hit this problem again, so if you could carry on looking at it, that would be greatly appreciated! I’ll leave you one of my

staging

sites to play with for this, I’ll reply in a private reply with those details

Hopefully you can work out why it’s so problematic to use the icons when you’ve added some extra custom ones!

Many thanks

zzkamikazezz
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Done please check,

I’ve made a KB article about these with exact steps to follow to get this work

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/use-custom-fontello-icons-kleo-theme

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Thanks. I was following the guide in the kleo documentation and putting them in the normal kleo theme, replacing the files there, as that guide does not say put them in the child. Maybe worth updating that as well then. I’ll try adding the files to the child and see how that works out.

Radu

You’re welcome

I’ve highlighted the KLEO Child in the article to be sure the users will see that.

Let me know if i can close this ticket

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?