This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to have the “My Photos” tab display the photos with the rtMedia lightbox versus the Sweetdate Theme “heart” photo lightbox?? It would be much easier for a user to comment or like a photo when they clicked on it in the “My Photos” tab obviously with the rtMedia lightbox versus just viewing the pic.

Thank you for creating such an awesome theme and for helping,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Unfortunately that can’t be easily achieved since it depends on many rtmedia things

Thanks for appreciating our work

Abe

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     csme
    Participant

Any possible updated solution on this?

It’d be easier if the my photos tab used the rtmedia lightbox.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Nothing new on this since they have some specific structure and won’t be an easy task.

The file responsible for that is wp-content\themes\sweetdate\custom_buddypress\class-bp-tabs.php class BpMembersTab_rt_media if you want to go deep 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thank you for the direction to edit, I’m having trouble editing the file correctly 🙁 This is a very important feature as it creates confusion for my members who click on the photos in the “My Photos” tab only to get a basic slideshow without the ability to comment or like.

Can I pay you guys to add in the rtMedia plugin functionality fully for the “My Photos” tab?? I really need this.

Thank you!
    Nicholaus

Abe
    Keymaster

Let’s talk after 5 February please. Right now we are involved in a time limit project.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

syslay288
    Participant

Hi, I’m here looking for same solution, my website has same issues. I would like to have “My pictures tab” next to “about me”.

How to achieve that?

kriscone
    Participant

I would vote for this as well. Also I have found if you have more than the 4 or 5 photos uploaded say in the activity stream, they all show when your profile page loads, and then it collapses to show the 4 thumbnails to the right of the user’s profile image. So wondering how to NOT have all the photos show…I would imagine if someone uploads 50 photos it is going to look ugly. Consolidating the viewers is a good idea to get consistency in the usage and the social interactions.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi syslay288, My pictures tab would normally show by default there if you have rtMedia plugin installed and user has uploaded pictures.

kriscone, I will take a look next week at that functionality and see how it can be achieved. What do you mean that pictures look ugly? Aren’t the pictures appearing in a carousel?

---

kriscone
    Participant

Hi Abe.

I mean when the user’s page loads, I see the 13 photos as the thumbnails and then it condenses to show the 4 next to the larger profile photo….so if someone had 50….will it load all. It slows the page down from loading as well.

Abe
    Keymaster

I see what you mean and that happens until the script for the carousel loads. You could try to set a maximum height for the container with this CSS:

COPY CODE

#gallery-carousel {max-height: 135px; overflow:hidden;}

Add that css in sweetdate-child/style.css or in Sweetdate – Styling options – Quick css

---

kriscone
    Participant

you da man. that worked.

Really like this theme. I have tried others and while we are not a dating site, we do have some social components….and I am finding the site loads really fast, which was my issue with these other themes….just slow. We were thinking buddypress might have a limited use period but this might make it more usable for longer.

Cheers.

Abe
    Keymaster

Great, Thank you

---

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My Photos Tab and rtMedia’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?