This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     KyndFellow
    Participant

My Sweetdate website NFdates.com has disappeared completely.  I cant access my wp-admin either at  http://nfdates.com/wp-admin/

Is there anything I can do to restore NFdates.com ?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Can you let me know more information? What were you doing at the time – installing updates for plugins, theme? Configuring a plugin, making changes to files?

If you were doing none of these you will need to contact your host directly and ask them to look into this for you. If you were installing or configuring a plugin you will need to rename the /wp-content/plugins/ folder to regain access.

Let me know,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

KyndFellow
    Participant

Kianran, thanks for the reply,

1) What do you mean rename /wp-content/plugins/ ? This is the folder where my plugin are stored. I installed my plugins from the “plugins” feature in Sweetdates. All plugins are stored in that folder when seen via FTP
    2) Do I need to update WordPress 3 to resolve this?
    3) I did update a plugin that makes new users need to be manually approved by admins. Because I had a problem with bots or hackers signing up with fake profiles. Should I delete that plugin by FTP?
    4) I don’t see the point of contacting the host about this. HostGater’s website says NFdates.com is active, and my FTP says all my files are on their server. The only way that could have happen is a hacker logged in to wp-admin and deleted my files from their database. I don’t think I could restore those files.

Dan

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’ll reply in the same numbered format for ease

1. I mean rename the plugins folder from /plugins/ to /off-plugins/ or any other name. This will deactivate all plugins. If a plugin is the issue then your site will return. You can then rename the folder back to /plugins/ and enable one by one.

2. Do you mean BuddyPress 3? I don’t know whether this would resolve anything or not for you as we do not know what the issue is.

3. If your website went offline after installing or enabling this particular plugin then yes, you should delete it via FTP.

4. There is far more to a hosting environment than files and a database. My original reply was in two parts, the first sought information about X scenarios, the second stated if none of these were true then it would be related to the host and not WordPress. Your host also has access to PHP error logs that would be helpful into resolving the issue.

“The only way that could have happen is a hacker logged in to wp-admin and deleted my files from their database” – this is extremely unlikely and your website does not present as being hacked in that way.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

KyndFellow
    Participant

1) How could I update my Sweetdate website to BuddyPress 3 via FTP?
    2) Should I delete my current NFdates.com by FTP, then reinstall it an older version over FTP that was working?

I renamed the Plugins folder, but it didn’t fix my problem. If the above attempts don’t help, I will contact my host. There will be nothing else I can do.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can manually download BuddyPress version 3.0 by going to https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress/ and clicking the blue download button at the top right of the main content. Once downloaded you can extract the file locally, connect via SFTP / FTP and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/. Delete the contents of the BuddyPress folder and upload the newly downloaded files directly into it.

If you do indeed have a backup of your site before your website went offline then you can restore it instead if you wish to do so.

Thanks,

Kieran

KyndFellow
    Participant

Ive reinstalled my backup copy for my website via FTP, and upgraded to BuddyPress 3. NFdates.com is back online. But much of the website is still missing. Including the users profiles and the pages.

Do you have any suggestions on how to restore these missing parts?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

User profiles and pages are all database items and should exist if you left your database intact or restored it from a valid backup.

Kieran

KyndFellow
    Participant

How do you restore your database? Is that done with host?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Yes, your database will almost certainly be located at the same place your hosting is. They should have a few backups available of your files and database. If you used a plugin to backup your website it likely made a backup of your database at the same time as the files – check the archive folder for any database .sql or .csv files.

Kieran

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?