This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     prizes2011
    Participant

I’m a complete novice when it comes to even wordpress, so I was quite disappointed with the lack of tutorials available. Bare with me, but I have quite a bit to ask. I would highly appreciate any help.

1.) How does the admin update their about me on the website without going through the dashboard, I can’t figure it out, so how can users figure it out? Is it just not available to the admin?

2.) How to remove the “Sweet stories from our Lovers” field from the homepage without leaving a white gap? I only want the “It all starts with a Date” field, the “Top Members” field, and the “Recently Active User Groups.” I have deleted the code from the home page, but a gap is left behind. Gap Image:

3.) How do users create groups, I couldn’t easily figure it out, so how can users figure it out?

4.) I’m a bit lost on how to setup memberships and was hoping this would have been included in the video tutorial. I want to charge $5 dollars a month for full access to the website.

5.) Where is the stock photo that was supposed to come with the theme? Only this text shows up:

If I can’t have access to that photo I need to know how to add my own and what is a good size.

6.) How do I change the text “Serous dating with Sweet date…”

These are the current dilemmas I am facing with this theme. I hope support can help out and I hope they make more video tutorials. It would be quicker and easier than answering multiple people asking similar things.

prizes2011
    Participant

#2 image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     prizes2011
    Participant

#5 image

Attachments:
     prizes2011
    Participant

#6 image

Attachments:
     prizes2011
    Participant

Also I need to know how to make a buddpress forum page full width, since no option is available.

Laura

Hello, let me try to help you 🙂
    1. You can customize your profile tabs by going to your profile in frontend then in sub-menu Profile > Edit, then you will be able to edit it 🙂

2. Delete this

COPY CODE
     [kleo_one]

[kleo_h2] Sweet stories from [kleo_colored_text color="#F00056"] our Lovers[/kleo_colored_text][/kleo_h2]

[kleo_lead_paragraph] Here you have some success stories from our blog section. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. [/kleo_lead_paragraph]

[/kleo_one]

3. First you need to enable that user can create groups, then in groups directory from frontend they will see a button to create it 🙂

4. Go to Subscriptions /Memberships in your wp-admin menu, Create a new level and when you finish, it will appear in the memberships page to choose it and pay for it. Also, you can restrict certain functions for each or all levels in Sweetdate > Subscriptions / Memberships

5. When you import the revolution slider from the demo content, you will have it, if not you will find it in Demo Content> Revolution Slider > Images from your .zip

6. You can change it from Sweetdate > Buddypress in wp-admin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

prizes2011
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply, I’m still have trouble. Sorry! (new set of questions)

1.) I’m still having trouble with removing the gap on the homepage. I can’t seem to locate any of the code, yet the white gap is still there. Can you post the full homepage code so I can view over it? I might just copy and paste it and delete the code you told me to delete.

2.) I enabled the revolution slider under the theme options and it screws up the layout of the homepage. I followed the video tutorial and imported the demo content but there is no image of the couple on the homepage, and in the video the image was also missing. I still don’t understand how to make it appear or how to change the image.

3.) How do I change the text “Serious dating with Sweet date Your perfect match is just a click away” on the homepage? I am not seeing this text on the homepage anywhere.

4.) I have created a Website Disclaimer page and have noticed that one can comment on the page. How can I disable this?

5.) I am wondering what’s the difference between album and media on one’s profile? Can I disable album? I don’t see how it’s needed with the media option. I would also like to disable the option to upload music under the media on one’s profile to avoid copyrighted material from being uploaded.

6.) On one’s profile I have changed the section to white, but was wondering how to change the color of the boxes around the various things such as name, etc. Here is a image of what I’m referring to:
    [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/35jl4lw.png[/IMG]

7.) Under the one’s profile users can choose a interest under the lifestyle tab. I would like to remove “Cyber Affair,” “Affair,” and would like to fix the misspelling of relationship. This is one I’m referring to:
    [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/35jl4lw.png[/IMG]

I’m going to be gone for a few days, so take your time answering these questions with as much detail as possible, sine I’m an idiot when it comes to wordpress. Thanks so much and happy holidays! I really appreciate it!

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, if you want, you can share with me an admin user so i can do it for you and explain you each step i have done for future questions 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

prizes2011
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, but you have access to wp-admin right?

prizes2011
    Participant

Hi, I’ve moved to hosting. I’ve actually figured out most of my questions. I just need to know how to fix the homepage. I created a new slider named “Revolution slider,” I’ve enabled the slider under the sweetdate settings, and have chosen it on the home page. It’s too big and messes up the homepage layout. What is the optimal size for the slider? And I couldn’t find the image of the couple seen in the demo in the theme folder from themeforest anywhere.

Laura

Hello, you can import the demo slider from demo content folder 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?