This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     chazzzzy
    Participant

I use permissions to control what users can post, etc.. and i need to change your priority of your creation of Post Types in kleo//lib/post-types.php

You currently have them as:

COPY CODE
            add_action( 'init', array( &$this, 'setup_clients_post_type' ), 100	 );
            add_action( 'init', array( &$this, 'setup_testimonials_post_type' ), 100 );
            add_action( 'init', array( &$this, 'setup_portfolio_post_type' ), 100 );

I need to change them to 49

Problem is that you have not put a way for me to override the post-types actions in my child-theme.

Do you know how to do it without me having to change the actual parent files?

Normally you would put:

if ( function_exists( 'setup_clients_post_type ()' ) ) {......

in your actual parent template files, but you have not done that, so how can I override the priorities that you have set?

Thanks!

sharmstr

Normally you can remove the action, then readd the action with a different priority. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12539947/how-can-i-change-action-priority-in-wordpress

They are public functions, so maybe something like this will work? (you might have to play with it since they are in a class)

remove_action( 'init', 'setup_clients_post_type', 100 );
    remove_action( 'init', 'setup_testimonials_post_type', 100 );
    remove_action( 'init', 'setup_portfolio_post_type', 100 );
    add_action( 'init', 'setup_clients_post_type', 49 );
    add_action( 'init', 'setup_testimonials_post_type', 49 );
    add_action( 'init', 'setup_portfolio_post_type', 49 );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

chazzzzy
    Participant

Nothing works.. I can’t even remove the custom pages. Any idea how I can just remove them? The remove_action does not work at all.. and I’ve tried so many variants from googling things around the net.

Thanks so much!

Charles

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi chazzzzy,
    This should work but you need to change a file that will be also included in next update. Add the code in your child theme.

COPY CODE

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'kleo_my_remove_actions' );
    function kleo_my_remove_actions()
    {
        global $kleo_post_types;
        remove_action('init', array( $kleo_post_types, 'setup_clients_post_type'), 100);
    }

And change this file content from your theme: wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/theme-functions.php with the content from the one attached

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     chazzzzy
    Participant

Abe, thank you again! Works perfectly!

Abe
    Keymaster

Great 😉

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?