This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     djtreble12
    Participant

is there anyway to create a full width homepage- no sidebar just like the frontend template but with out the main background image or the search box.

Basically i would like to create a full width no sidebar homepage. no breadcrumbs line. Or have the ability to add a slider instead of the homepage image or the search box.

djtreble12
    Participant

Hi, I love the theme.

Quick question. I am using a plugin called icarousel its basiclly a slider. Instead of the static background and search box i would like my logo and the slider below it. my question is how to i remove the image and search box. but keep the rest of the content below it

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi djtreble12,

please do not open more than one topic per question.

You can disable the breadcrumbs line in the “Styling options” and there is also the option to set the “Layout settings” and there the “Site Layout” to “Wide” and the “Default Layout” to “No sidebar”.

To hide the home page form you need to comment this in header.php : like //render_user_search();

Or create a new “static” site in WordPress and set it via “Appearance” -> “Customize” -> “Static Front Page”.

Kind regards

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi djtreble12,

I posted some things under your duplicate topic: New Homepage

Kind regards

djtreble12
    Participant

The only issue i have now is that there is a very large gap between the menu & the actual start of the page. how do i fix that?

large gap

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi djtreble12,

I think you need to make first a smaller logo, crop or something, with maxim height of 110px and then go to admin – sweetdate/styling otpions/quick css box and enter the following:

#header {
    padding-bottom: 0;
    }

Let me know if this helps you.
    Best regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?