This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     adasin
    Participant

Two semi related questions.

1- with the latest 3.0 release the original layout switcher icons were replaced with some lighter version – and sorry to say – ugly icons that don’t even represent what to expect from the layout. The icons for Grid Masonry and Standard layout are way off in terms of representing the layout. If this does not appeal to your common sense then please advise how I can revert to the original icons in a way that withstands future theme upgrades.

2- Gathering leads from various posts here I’ve done some experimentation with custom blog list layout but have failed to successfully implement a layout with simple title and excerpt without thumbnail. Here are the steps I took: In child theme I copied post-content-small.php in page-parts and renamed it post-content-simple.php and slightly modified the content. The following:

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme','test_layout_simple_view');
    function test_layout_simple_view() {
     global $kleo_config;
    $kleo_config['blog_layouts'] = array(
        'masonry' => 'Grid Masonry',
        'small' => 'Small Left Thumbnail',
        'simple' => 'Simple List',
        'standard' => 'Standard'
    );
    }

makes the selection available in layout swithcher from theme options but selecting the simple layout results in a blank page when viewing. My aim actually has been to replace (or get rid) of the “standard” layout which is more or less a rendition of single posts in succession. What am I doing wrong?

Laura

Hello, thank you very much for contacting us , will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    It would be good to have you credentials to facilitate our work.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

adasin
    Participant

Thank you very much Laura for this and all along. I’ll wait for a response in due time. My dev environment is local but if needed I can set up a temporary installation for the purpose.

Andrei

Unfortunately to implement a new layout view will require modifying a lot more than just the options array from the back end, explaining how to do it is nearly impossible, so I recommend you to hire a developer to help you with this.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?