This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by giorgos.

• Author
     giorgos
    Participant

New users are unable to login after registration. Login says “incorrect password”. After the user has reset the password they can login again. It appears that the password set during registration is not saved in the database.

Does anyone faces this issue. What can be causing that?

sharmstr

Havent heard or seen this issue. Have you asked the Buddypress team?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

giorgos
    Participant

No, not yet. I will. Thanks

giorgos
    Participant

There are a couple of occurrences mentioned in the BP forum, but no answers. weird. i look further. It might be a plugin that messes things up

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/new-users-cannot-log-in-they-need-to-reset-password-first-2/

sharmstr

Let us know. Again, I havent seen this issue mentioned before. At least not here.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

giorgos
    Participant

Pfff…found it by using the terrible plugin elimination process 🙁

It is the below option on wordfence that causes that issue. Deselect the option and all works fine. I will let the developers know.

Check password strength on profile update

For a reason with this setup (wp-bp-kleo) this option will not allow passwords to be saved in db during registration process. Users are unable to login until they have reset their password.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?