This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Mike.

• Author
     Mike
    Participant

How do I get custom profile fields that I add to user registration to appear in the notification email to the admin? Right now I just get username and email? I want to see the custom (optional) field if they fill it out.

sharmstr

Its best to ask on the BP forum since you’ll have to edit their functions (code) to do what you want.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mike
    Participant

Darn. BuddyPress has the worst support forum. I’ll try that. Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

Sharm, I figured this out by cobbling together some code from the internet. It works great when someone registers by “Creating an Account” but when they register via Facebook, they don’t enter the Profile Field I want until after the account is created, which leaves the Profile Field empty.

When they register with Facebook, they are sent to their BP profile to update their name. That’s also where the profile field I want sent to the Admin is. Is there a way to send an email when a Facebook registrant updates their profile in that way?

Mike
    Participant

Found a solution!

If anyone is interested in the original email notification, I posted it here.

Thanks for your help, Sharm!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?