This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by vanaila.

• Author
     alim.jivraj
    Participant

hi, i’m running a multisite install. when new users register, i can only see them under the user panel in network admin section, not the main site user panel.
    i think it may be related to bbpress, but not sure. when i check the ‘auto assign role’ box in settings, i can see users in both sections. but when i uncheck, i can only see new users in network admin.
    my site has 2 different types of users (which i use a plugin for…but don’t worry, the plugin isn’t the issue because it’s deactivated). so i need this to be unchecked. when i deactivate bbpress all together, users are only registered i network admin.
    is this something related to the theme?

alim.jivraj
    Participant

just thought of something additional…i’m ok if this box is checked. the issue is when bbpress autoassigns roles, it interferes with their primary role. i want their primary role to be a subscriber (as an example), when i edit the user, their role is blank. it’s like bbpress over rides this, makes them a participant but makes their primary role blank.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, It doesn’t have to do with the theme. You need to see how the process of adding users works. make sure the users are activating their account

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     vanaila
    Participant

I think that I may have the same problem.

Is there a way to check that they did active theit account, or to activate automatically the account?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

See pending activations: http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-pending-activations/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     vanaila
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?