This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Kieran.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

dave_mccoy
    Participant

In groups users can not create forums.  They see this message “<span style=”color: #8a6d3b; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 11.7px; line-height: 20px; background-color: #fdfaec;”>This group does not currently have a forum. “</span>

If I create a new forum through the admin panel – users see the error “ERROR: Forum ID is missing.”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

MAybe when you have created the group you have omitted to check Yes. I want this group to have a forum.

Go to that group, click manage then click on forum step ( see attached screenshot )

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
     dave_mccoy
    Participant

<span style=”color: #212121; font-family: arial, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap;”>I have previously checked </span><strong style=”box-sizing: border-box; color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 14px;”>Yes. I want this group to have a forum.<span style=”color: #212121; font-family: arial, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; line-height: 1.5;”>, it is still the problem persists</span>

Kieran
    Participant

Just a thought..

Have you gone to wp-admin > Tools > Forums and run all the repair tool options?

Does the group have the appropriate forum assigned to it in the discussion forum panel under wp-admin > Groups > ‘Group Name Here’ > Edit as well the the check box ticked?

dave_mccoy
    Participant

Thank you.This tip helped to solve my problem

Kieran
    Participant

You’re welcome glad it helped @dave_mccoy 🙂

dave_mccoy
    Participant

Now i have another error. I can make new forum in group “The Godfather”, then I go tj the group “Inglourious Basterds”, then i can try to make new forum and see error “ERROR: Forum ID is missing. ” see file

Attachments:
     Kieran
    Participant

Is this a new group you’ve just created, or was this group created before?

If the group was created before, could you try creating a new group with an attached forum and see it the issue still appears.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?