This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by wisinyyandel7.

• Author
     wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Hi @Abe @Laura,
    How are u guys?
    I got few people that they signed up from their phones (The other topic issue that spoke about couples of days) and I can’t see them in the members page.
    I went to wanguard to clean my site and in the manage users section i can see them.
    I am wondering why they do not show up in my members page. Can you please help me to fix this issue? Thanks

Laura

Hello, they wont show up in members page until they log in for the first time.
    Hope it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Ok I understand, I will get the plugin that you just told me about and hopefully it works much easier. In that way people don’t have to go to their emails to activate the accounts.
    Thanks @Laura

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Hi @Laura, @Abe,
    I got the plugin (BP Auto Activate Auto Login) and it works great!.
    My question is, once the user register on my site and auto activate the account through the plugin that i just got, I realized that the user can go anywhere on my website. What I want is, after the account is activated and the user wants to check some members or navigate on my site (excluding blog and home page, about us) can I take the user to the pricing page?, where all the memberships level are?
    It’s possible to choose the pages that I don’t want my users see after the are active? the idea is take them to the pricing page, make them choose the plan.

Also it’s possible if someone hasn’t signed up on my site and wants to see some members, can I let them see the members but not the full profile? I mean they can see in the members page and check the profile pictures, but when they want to check the full profile I want that the user is taken to the membership plans.

Please let me know what can we do.
    Thanks for your support

Laura

Hello, use this https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirect-after-login/ to redirect users based in their role, and to hide some pages for users that are not paid users just create roles on PMPRO plugin and check the role that can see the page in the page editor.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Hi @Laura, I downloaded the plugin. It has already different roles. I tried to redirect some users (subscriber) to other pages but it didn’t work. I tested it like an user, when the account is activated i can go anywhere in the site instead of send me to the membership plans page (I put the url to redirect it there, but it didn’t work.
    The thing is, if you haven’t chosen any membership plan you shouldn’t be able to see profiles. The idea is make them choose first he plan and then they can navigate through the profiles. Probably they can go to the members page, but they cannot see inside of each profile before they choose a plan.

Also, I downloaded PMPRO Roles plugin, when I activated it just put my membership levels below the roles in the redirect after login plugin. I couldn’t do anything in the dropdown box, it shows me nothing.
    This is the plugin http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/add-ons/plugins-on-github/pmpro-roles/

Add a WordPress Role for each Membership Level with Display Name = Membership Level Name and Role Name = ‘pmpro_role_X’ (where X is the Membership Level’s ID).

You said that this last plugin to hide some pages from users. Where I have to go to do that?
    I have another question. If someone sign up for the trial membership and when the trial is expire how can I hide the trial for the same person, just in case that the user wants to deactivate the account and sign up again for the trial?
    Is it possible to do that?

Thanks for your suppor @Abe and @Laura

Thanks

Laura

Hello 🙂 Please give me access to your wp-admin panel and i will see what i can do 🙂

wisinyyandel7
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     wisinyyandel7
    Participant

@Laura, when you type my website address can you see on top the wordpress bar? if you see it, it means everybody can see it? should I hide it from visitors?
    Thanks

Laura

Hello, just go to Required membership of each page and check all, so users that are not one of those wont see the page but a message with a link to membership levels page 🙂 I already did it with the members directory page.
    You can install this plugin to hide the admin bar for non-admins https://wordpress.org/plugins/hide-admin-bar-from-non-admins/
    Hope it helps 🙂

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

@Abe @Laura, thanks for that but it didn’t work. I log out and I can still see members page even i can see profiles.
    I will check that plugin.
    Also something went wrong in the website. Most of the pages are gone..I mean you click in the about us and some other pages like blog and show me 404 page..what happened? This is really urgent
    Thanks for your help

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Sorry Guys..disregard…everything went normal now.. strange? isn’t?
    thanks guys 😉

Laura

Hello, still can see members page even if no membership?

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

As a visitor i can see members profile page..
    If ia m the visitor i would like to see the members page, but if i click in the profile i shouldn’t be able to do that.
    Thanks @Laura

Laura

Hello, Hi, you have to modify from child theme the profile-loop.php file /members/single/profile/profile-loop.php

On the first line of the file, add

COPY CODE
    <?php if ( is_user_logged_in()  ) : ?>

At the end of the file, insert between the last endif and the last do_action this:

COPY CODE
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo “<div style=’width: 600px;height:25px; padding: 4px; border: 3px solid #ff0000; text-align: center; font-style:bold; font-size: 1.3em;’> You must be logged in to view a member profile</div>”; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Change the div inline style to whatever you need accordingly to your theme.
    Hope it helps 🙂

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Hi @Laura Thanks for that, but the file you are telling me about is in Sweetdate folder is not in the child one. I am pretty sure if I change it from sweetdate and update the theme in the future it’s going to disappear.
    http://d.pr/i/1hlr7/odsvauGY

the one from child is /members/single/article it doesn’t show me profile in here

Thanks

Laura

Hello 🙂 just create profile folder in members/single/ at child theme, download profile-loop.php and paste it there, then edit it.
    Let me know 🙂

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Hi @Laura, how are u?
    I did everything you told me, but i didn’t work can you please check that file for me?
    Thank you.

wisinyyandel7
    Participant
    COPY CODE

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ); ?>
    /**
     * The Header for our theme.
     * @package WordPress
     * @subpackage Sweetdate
     * @author SeventhQueen <themesupport@seventhqueen.com>
     * @since Sweetdate 1.0
     */
     ?>

<?php if ( bp_has_profile() ) : ?>
    	<ul class="accordion">
    	<?php while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

<?php if ( bp_profile_group_has_fields() ) : ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_profile_field_content' ); ?>

<li>
    				  <h5 class="accordion-title <?php bp_the_profile_group_slug(); ?>"><?php bp_the_profile_group_name(); ?><span class="accordion-icon"></span></h5>
    				  <div class="accordion-content">
    						<dl class="dl-horizontal">

<?php while ( bp_profile_fields() ) : bp_the_profile_field(); ?>

<?php if ( bp_field_has_data() ) : ?>

<dt><?php bp_the_profile_field_name(); ?></dt>
    									<dd><?php bp_the_profile_field_value(); ?></dd>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_profile_field_item' ); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>
    						</dl>

</div>
    				</li>
    			<?php do_action( 'bp_after_profile_field_content' ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>
    	</ul>
    	<?php do_action( 'bp_profile_field_buttons' ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php else : ?>
    <?php echo "<div style='width: 600px;height:25px; padding: 4px; border: 3px solid #ff0000; text-align: center; font-style:bold; font-size: 1.3em;'> You must be logged in to view a member profile</div>"; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_profile_loop_content' ); ?>

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Hi@Laura @Abe
    How are u guys?
    I put everything like you told me? did i do something wrong?
    Thanks for your help

Laura

Hello, i’m looking for another way to do this, what we can do is hide members page for guests directly, what do you think?

Abe
    Keymaster

hi
    regarding to “If ia m the visitor i would like to see the members page, but if i click in the profile i shouldn’t be able to do that.”
    if you are using PMPRO then you will see in Sweetdate – Memberships a set of restriction and you can restrict user profile to not logged in users.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Thanks,
    All done!:)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Users Registration Don\'t show in the Members page’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?