This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by cbdesign.

• Author
     cbdesign
    Participant

I am using the NEWS HIGHLIGHT element and I want to display the 2 posts side by side (horizontal) not vertical (on top of each other). I just want a nice way to show a few recent news items on the home page but seems like everything you have is vertical? See attached screenshot – I want to be able to get 2 posts next to each other horizontally or one post like I have now on left with list on right of other posts – how do I do that? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks! For now I’m going to only show one post as I have to show client the site tomorrow so I will put the News Highlight next to the title for now but please let me know how to do 2 posts side by side or one on left with list on right. Thanks!!

By the way – I love your new support section layout/design!! Really beautiful and easy to navigate!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     cbdesign
    Participant

Also I only want to show the post photo and title/text not the author/date/category underneath. How do I change that? Thanks!

sharmstr

For 2 side by side, you can try this css on the page

COPY CODE

.news-highlight article {
        width: 49% !important;
        float: left;
        padding-right: 5px;
    }

For 1 big with a list on the right, use the New Focus shortcode instead.

You can use this css on the page to hide the meta

COPY CODE

.post-meta {
        display: none !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

cbdesign
    Participant

Thank you so much for your quick reply! This was perfect!! 🙂

cbdesign
    Participant

Also I’m not sure yet but what if I want to remove the line after the news element?

And you said for one big one and list on right use News Focus – how do I get the left post and right list? It was also stacking vertical I think… thanks.

sharmstr

You asked “one on left with list on right”. That’s exactly what the new focus does. Please look at it.

COPY CODE

.news-highlight .standard-listing:not(.template-page) .type-post {
    border-bottom-width: 0;
    }

If you right click on the elements you want to change, then click inspect, you can see which css you need to change.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

cbdesign
    Participant

I will look thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?