This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     investa
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to set up a news magazine page, as per your demo page http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/news-magazine/. Do you have tutorial specifically for that?

At the moment I can’t even get past the basic add new theme (news gallery post based) > local > add corresponding zip file (news-magazine.zip) > import template slider. At this stage I keep getting:

importing template slider settings and data…
    Error: Please select the correct zip file, checksum failed!

Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong?

sharmstr

Looks like you’ve got the slider imported, but you have set it to Specific Posts but failed to specify any posts.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

investa
    Participant

Hi, I must be missing some other step. I have specified recent and popular posts but nothing is showing. No slide, no ticker tape, no blogs etc. Maybe I’ll try deleting everything and starting from scratch. Is there any dummy content for news-magazine?

sharmstr

When I checked it, you had it set to Specific posts, but did specify any posts. There are two buttons there called ‘recent’ and ‘popular’. If you click on them, they will add posts for you. Otherwise you need to add them to the Specific Posts List box yourself.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

investa
    Participant

Cheers, I’m making progress! I now have a working slider! Its a little dominant so how can I decrease its size, so it’s more inline with the news gallery post based template slider.

Secondly, how do I get a ticker tape and thirdly (!) how do I get the content layout your demo has below the slider.

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions, I’ll get the hang of it eventually!

sharmstr

1 – Not sure what you mean.

2 – If you imported the new magazine, the ticker is there. You probably haven’t told it what to display by editing the shortcode and clicking on build query to select what you want displayed.

3 – See #2 🙂

investa
    Participant

🙂 I can hardly understand what I mean myself.

1. In the new revolution format, when you click on add slider template, there are a number of options: news gallery post based template being one of them (see attached png 1)

2. I’ve found the ticker tape, now you’ve pointed me in the right direction.

3. Below the slider, what I have is some ad space adverts and not much else (see attached png 2) as opposed to your demo (see attached png 3 and 4)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

1 – I dont know. You’ll have to compare the settings. If you like the other one better, just use that one. Go to your news page and edit the slider shortcode to use that slider instead.

2 – Did you edit the shortcodes to pick what you wanted to display like I’ve instructed?

sharmstr

I think on my #3 above you looked at #1 instead of #2 😀

investa
    Participant

I did read #1 for #3!!! Think I need more sleep. I thought there may be some demo content that automatically populated the site but I’ll work on filling it. So …. do I just go front end editor > and then hoover over the sections and edit in the pop up boxes?

sharmstr

Use the backend editor. Its easier and faster.

investa
    Participant

It took me 24 hours but I think I’m eventually getting there (especially once I’d stopped staring at the endless lines of code and found the backend icons)! One last question. I still can’t download any of revolution slider templates. It keeps asking for corresponding zip file but doesn’t like what I attach. Is that feature not available through Kleo or where should I be looking for it?

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated 🙂

sharmstr

As a test, I just imported the e-learning slider on your site. It imported fine, so I’m not sure why you are having issues. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#revslider

investa
    Participant

🙂 – I’ll get the hang of it eventually :/

Did you add that via the ‘add slider template’ box? If I add directly from the kleo files stored on my laptop that seems to work but as soon as I try add from that template box it asks for a corresponding zip file and I’m not sure where to find that. But thanks for the e-learning slide.

sharmstr

Did you read the documentation? No, you dont use the add template, you use the import slider. The Kleo sliders are in the zip downloaded from theme forest

investa
    Participant

Ah ok, I can do that bit, I just thought I could access the revolution templates as well.

sharmstr

You can. READ the documentation. I sent you the link. LOL

sharmstr

Hmmm – I might have stuck my foot in my mouth. So, if by revslider templates you mean the sliders that come with revslider (not the Kleo demos), then you can. The link to those are in the documentation. I need coffee.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?