This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     randrcomputers
    Participant

I use the “news ticker” on landing page and think its great but, it links to last post(not able to reply) not last post in thread so members cannot post a reply from clicking link on ticker. anyway to make this work correctly?

Radu

Hi,

Unable to figure out and to see the news ticker in your homepage, can you please a video or some screenshots to can figure our about you are talking about please ?

Cheers
    R>

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Radu

Actually, now I see the news ticker but I;m able to click to any post that appears there, but please check this

If you de-activate all plugins except buddypress and also the child theme there are placed as it should ?

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     randrcomputers
    Participant

I can click posts… problem is it only links to post not post in thread with a option to reply. It must use some bad default WP recent post format as thats same way the WP recent widget works too. Wish there were options to pick a better recent post format but not seeing option

Radu

Hi,

Sincerely I don’t understand what it’s the problem there, can you please to make a video in that you will show me what it’s wrong ?

https://www.screencastify.com/

Cheers
    R.

randrcomputers
    Participant

Sure. first attachment is ticker which is great works fine
    second picture is when you click a post it links to last post in thread only with no option to reply at all.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Please provide to me link to the page from whre you have taken this screenshot

https://cdn.seventhqueen.com/sq-support/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-29-at-6.13.08-PM.png

Cheers
    R

randrcomputers
    Participant

here is a link from ticker:
    http://vpinball.com/forums/reply/37637/
    like i said it links to latest reply not latest reply in forum so you can reply. i dont see option in ticker to change

Radu

hi

I cannot reproduce this if I click a link from news ticker, sorry and if i visit the link that you have provided I see it normally so difference between visiting the thread via the news ticker and direct link is no one

Cheers
    R

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?