This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     Jonbie
    Participant

Hi,

There is no “Create Group” option appearing when i click into groups through the members area menu. i have the option “oN” for the creation of groups but still there is no option appearing. i have tried everything with no luck.

any ideas?

Thanks

jonbie

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, The Create button should be available in the Breadcrumb area in /groups page

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Jonbie
    Participant

Hi,

Thats the problem, its not there. there is no way for a user to create a group

sharmstr

Check Admin – > Settings -> Buddypress -> Settings: Make sure you have ‘group creation’ turned on.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Jonbie
    Participant

Hi,

I do have it turned on. i have tried everything and the option is still not there.

sharmstr

Can you give me a link the site? (note, I’m dont support this theme, but willing to take a quick look at it for you.)

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Jonbie
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I’m just a regular user like you so I cant see private messages.

These are reasons why it might be happening. Some of these are obvious, so please dont take offense. Its just hard to help blindly…

Have you tried different browers?
    Are you logged into the site?
    Can you create groups using the admin (admin->groups)?
    Here’s where the link should be: https://24.media.tumblr.com/86c8fc106dedbccd8e9d83157e231344/tumblr_n22mxd9dJL1squolvo1_1280.jpg
    Maybe you changed your link colors and its actually there but you cant see it because its the same color as the background?

That’s all I got.

Jonbie
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried different browsers without any luck, I am logged in to the site and i can make groups using the admin. The image you attached is very different to the profile area of Kleo theme? I have also checked to see if it was the link colour and unfortunately it is not.

The option to create a group just doesn’t seem to be there?

sharmstr

The image is not from the profile area. Its from the groups page.

http://yourwebsite.com/groups/

You can’t create a new group from the profile area. You can only view what groups the person is a member of and group requests if its your profile.

I think this is your issue 🙂 And now going back and reading your original question, it is. Sorry.

Jonbie
    Participant

So how do users create groups?

sharmstr

Like we’ve said. They can do it from the top of the groups directory.

http://yourwebsite.com/groups/

Jonbie
    Participant

Thanks for the help.

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks sharmstr.

Just like we said, please see as an example our demo site
    Login with:
    user: demo
    pass: demo
    Link: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/groups

And you will see in the groups page the button just like sharmstr image

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘No "Create Group" option’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?