This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     GideonLupine
    Participant

I am trying to get Featured content display type Carousel to work.

I can’t seem to turn it on. I am not really sure what it should look like when in effect. Is there a demo of this feature anywhere?

I have set the tag featured. Is it case sensitive? My tag is name feature and slug featured.

I have also set the tag featured in Theme Options, and also checked don’t display tag on front end.

The don’t display seems to work.

/tag/featured/ url works also.

Is there a minimum number of posts for the Featured content Carousel to work?

sharmstr

1 – Set the WP Admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Featured Content “Tag Name” to featured.

2 – Tag your post with featured, not feature as you indicated in your question.

3 – Set carousel in Theme Options

4 – Navigate to your blog page. You will see them at the top.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     GideonLupine
    Participant

It is working. The issue was the Carousel is hard to see. It looks exactly like the item beneath it.

What is the most efficient way to make it standout?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

What I did on my site was put a header above the carousel called “Featured Posts” and then one above the rest of them called “Recent Posts”.

copy kleo/featured-posts.php into your child theme and edit the carousel div code

COPY CODE

$before_featured = '<h2>Featured Posts</h2><div class="kleo-carousel-container">
    				<div class="kleo-carousel-items kleo-carousel-post" data-min-items="3" data-max-items="3">
    					<ul class="kleo-carousel">';
    	$after_featured = '</ul></div>';
    	$after_featured .= '<div class="carousel-arrow">
    			<a href="#"><i class="icon-angle-left"></i></a>
    			<a href="#"><i class="icon-angle-right"></i></a>
    		</div> ';
    	$after_featured .= '</div>';
    	$after_featured .= '<h2>Recent Posts</h2>';

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?