This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

hi there, as you can see in the screenshot i’ve an issue when i try to type something in the forum members search bar.

in the first part, you can see the not visible (if not selected) text. in the second part, the empty search bar.

may you help us solve this? also with custom CSS if possible.

thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can use the below CSS to override the focus colors for the search box

COPY CODE
    #buddypress div.dir-search input[type=text]:focus, #buddypress li.groups-members-search input[type=text]:focus {
        border: 1px solid #73b953;
        background: #fff;
    }

I copied the colors of the initial state, if these are not the colors you wish to use when the search box is focused the please change the values to suit your needs.

Make sure to clear your website cache, CDN and front-end cache (Ctrl+F5) to see the changes

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

In your other ticket I sent you a correction regarding the CSS that was commented out. In the correction I also added the end brace which was missing in your CSS (as per the error in the screenshot).

You need to add the closing brace / curly bracket } to the end of the CSS class from above.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

i think we’was both customizing the CSS in the same time 🙁

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I haven’t added any CSS for you but it’s definitely something to look out for. The error messages for CSS editing in WordPress are fairly descriptive and generally indicates where the issue is or is near so it should help if there is an issue in the future.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

at this point i do not understand what is happening.
    i quit for now, and if i can i redo tomorrow.
    thanks for your help Kieran, always apreciate it!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

No worries, I think it may have just been a copy/paste issue where it was missed when copying.

All the best,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

i dunno what happen, I simply move that piece of code on top and then after the one regarding the login overlay and the error message is disappeared.
    At this point I thing I’m unable to clean perfectly the cache, because also in the other ticket i cannot understand why the overlay is still white; I’ve changed everything to put the overlay darker (black with less transparency so the background is barely visible) and all the text in white, but nothing change.
    what I’m doing wrong?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

For issues relating to the other ticket, please reply within that ticket. I have replied to your other ticket regarding the login modal and how the changes are reflected on the front-end.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

yeah I know, it is a little bit weird to talk about the same CSS code section in two different tickets, but I’m talking about also your last script for the search bar in members page, it doesn’t work, how to fix it?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I checked your style.css from the front-end and I can see that you have added the code I sent you on line 99-100. The style changes have taken effect on the front-end as when I click on the box (:focus) the style is now used (see screenshot).

As per your other ticket I believe you may have a caching issue that needs to be resolved as I can see the changes here.

Thanks,

Kieran

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?