This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     nilje
    Participant

Hey there,

when a member joins the community, it says at their profiles that they’re a member now and you can comment that activity message. Now I’ve noticed, that the member will not be notified about these comments.

Is that a bug or why is that so? Would be a pity, if someone is being welcomed and doesn’t know anything about it or just by accident.

If this isn’t a bug, can I deactivate the comment function for such activity messages?

Thanks!
    Daniela Holl

Laura

Hello, buddypress doesnt have that, but you can use http://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-activity-comment-notifier/ 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

sharmstr

Buddypress doesnt add a notification for comments on new member activity. You can ask on their forum how to enable that.

Or you can hide the comment button by putting this in your quick css

COPY CODE

.new_member.activity-item .activity-meta .acomment-reply {
        display: none !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?