This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by nikb.

• Author
     nikb
    Participant

Hi there

Recently purchased Kleo and really loving it so far.  I do have a couple of questions as follows though –

Currently I have “Live Notifications” and “Live Messages” in the menu-bar but obviously there’s some duplication there as a new message will show both as a notification AND a message.  Would it be possible to separate out the “@ mentions” somehow so that they showed separately eg. menu bar would show “Live ats” & “Live Messages” instead?

Is there any way of changing the colour of the icons for the above (ie. Live Messages etc.) when there are messages available?

In Profiles, is there any way of removing “Everyone” from the “who can see this field”?  Viewing of profiles will be restricted to members only so the fields won’t actually be made public anyway, but I fear that some users may be concerned otherwise.

With many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out, I will respond below in a numbered format for ease.

1. Currently we do not have a way to separate the type of notifications generated in the original notifications menu option. I will forward this as a suggestion to the developers for you.

2. No extra class is added to the a tag when notifications are generated so there is currently no way for that to work, however, you can override the CSS for the notification bubble with the below CSS. Adjust as needed and clear cache(s) to see changes

.kleo-notifications.new-alert {background-color: #00b9f7;color: #fff;}

3. You can use the below CSS in your KLEO Child theme’s style.css or in Theme Options > General Settings > Scroll to: ‘Quick CSS’ to hide the element. Please make sure to clear all of your caches to see changes.

COPY CODE
    #buddypress .field-visibility-settings-toggle {display: none !important;}
    #buddypress .field-visibility-settings-notoggle {display: none !important;}

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

nikb
    Participant

Hi Kieran

Thank you for getting back to me and comments on your replies (numbered) as follows –

1. It’s a pity about the notifications because as it currently stands, let’s say a user has one new email and one new “at” mention, the “live notifications” will be showing 2 and the “live messages” will be showing 1 which at a casual glance implies there 3 new items to view and might confuse some users. I guess I’ll just have to use “live notifications” for now but to be able to show the “ats” separately would definitely be a useful feature in the future.

2. Of course, I realise I can change the colour of the bubble. I guess with some tweaking I could change the bubble into an icon which would only appear when there are new notifications. Not ideal though… I may just have to leave it as it is.

3. The solution you mention hides the “who can see this field” altogether, whereas I only want to hide the “Everyone” option so that it can’t be selected (but I still want users to be able to choose from “All Members”, “Friends Only” or “Just Me”).

With many thanks again and any thoughts particularly on 3 above would be appreciated.

Warm regards
    Nik

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

1. Please open a new public ticket about this particular request and I will move the ticket straight into the feature requests forum for you so it may be voted on by the KLEO community.

2. Please also consider opening a new public ticket for the request and I will move it to the feature requests for voting for you. If you wanted to only show this menu item when a notification is received you should change the menu item to have no icon and change the navigation label / title to the below

To add an icon before the count you could use the below CSS, this would need tweaking of course but it is a good start to show you how to achieve this with CSS

COPY CODE
    span.kleo-notifications.new-alert::before {
        content: '\e864';
        font-family: fontello;
        padding-right: 2px;
        color: #000000;
    }

3. My apologies, I misunderstood the question. The privacy level Everyone is core function of BuddyPress and removing it with PHP would cause serious issues. You could try the below CSS which will hide the first child (Everyone) instead

COPY CODE
    li.public {display:none!important;}
    #buddypress .profile .standard-form .field-visibility-settings div.radio>label:first-child {display: none !important}

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

nikb
    Participant

Hi Kieran

Thank you so much for your prompt reply – good to know I’m not the only one working on a Saturday night 😉

1. No problem I will start a new ticket for this as a feature request. (I’ve been doing some more research of my own and came across someone describing it as splitting out the notifications into to their own individual menu items: ‘notifications’ ‘messages’ and ‘friend requests’, rather than them all being under the notification drop down. This is more along the line of the way Facebook handles things and consequently I feel, more intuitive for users.)

2. Thank you and I can see that works. To be honest, I’d far rather just have an icon that’s there all the time, but changes colour when there are notifications (again similar to our friends at Facebook) but this certainly isn’t a major issue at this stage.

3. Thank you and that works perfectly! I had already realised that I couldn’t just remove the “Everyone” option completely without breaking things, but simply hiding it is enough to reassure users that there isn’t a potential for their private stuff to be displayed to the world.

Warm regards
    Nik

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Glad that worked for you, I have moved the other ticket into feature requests for you 🙂

All the best,

Kieran

nikb
    Participant

Thank you and enjoy your weekend. I’ll mark this one as closed for now.

Warm regards
    Nik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?