This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     AdamK
    Participant

Hi Guys

really hope you can help out with this one, it’s a bit tricky.

We are running an older version of Kleo – version 4.2.7 – we cannot upgrade to current version, due to some issues with current version and our plugins. We are working on that now.

In the mean time, we are having a problem in 2 places. 1. the sitewide activity comments and 2. comments on youtube videos posted on member walls. I have included attachments in next post.

As you see, if you try to add a comment on either of those areas, we just get a red error box with no message.

I will need to hack our Kleo or Buddypress to try to bring that particular script or function up to date – because those items are working ok on your demo.

Would you please, please be able to point us in the direction of what php, what function or what piece of code we should update that would affect those areas? The sitewide activity is the most important one.

Your help would be very appreciated many thanks.

AdamK
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     AdamK
    Participant

Hi Guys

I have tried with a different theme and it’s still happening so we know it is not Kleo.

Still this is a pain in the ass – if you have any suggestions it would be great many thanks.

I have tried disabling rtMedia, upgrading all individual scripts with some connection to that comment form – I tried to upgrade Buddypress but it just kills the site so I can’t do it that way 🙁

Laura

Hello, can you share admin access so I can take a look?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

AdamK
    Participant

Hi Laura

yes I will post credentials after.

Very important, please, please do not update anything on the site any update can kill the site we have to be very careful.

I have tracked the problem down to function bp_legacy_theme_new_activity_comment in buddypress-functions.php under Kleo Buddypress. On line 1012:

if ( is_wp_error( $comment_id ) ) {
    exit( ‘-1

<p>Sorry we are fixing the comment bug now.</p>

‘ );
    }

I have doctored the code to test this you can see this happening on the site if you try to reply to an activity wall post. Before I hard coded an error in there, it was outputting no text, just the red div.

AdamK
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

AdamK
    Participant

Thank you Laura, any help would be very appreciated 🙂

It is very confusing – have tried updating that particular function with the one from the updated kleo bp functions file, and nothing. And I also checked the hidden variables on that form, on your demo version. And it all looks the same as what we have. I don’t understand why that error is kicking in. It’s annoying because our members can’t easily comment and reply on walls.

Radu

Hi,

The correct and reliable solution for you will be to use latest theme version by solving the rest…

At this moment i can advise you to try to put the entire /buddypres folder from current theme version on your older one just to test. Perform a backup before trying.

Check if your issue it’s caused by the child theme

Cheers
    R

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?