This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by alphasigns.

• Author
     silverbackmedia
    Participant

As the title says it. Right now there are 4 footer columns, I’m in need just for one column where the width is 100%.
    I tried this through deleting the other column in the sidebar-footer.php and change the class on the one remaining footer from col-sm-3 to col-sm-12.

which unfortunately didn’t work as I intended, the column just stayed at 25% width as usual.

Regards Silverbackmedia

giannisff
    Participant

Try this to your child theme

@media (min-width: 768px)
    .col-sm-3 {
    width: 100%;
    }

Looks like a good idea

silverbackmedia
    Participant

thanks, even tho this can bring more faulty because of components used in the body use the same class-name it was fixed by writing a style in the div-container in sidebar-footer.php

I wrote it like this:

COPY CODE
    <div class="col-sm-3" style="width: 100% !important">
    						<div id="footer-sidebar-1" class="footer-sidebar widget-area" role="complementary">
    							<?php
    							if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('footer-1')): 
    							endif;
    							?>
    						</div>
    					</div>

Thanks for your support!

Regards Silverbackmedia

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, also this is a CSS only solution so you don’t change theme template:

COPY CODE

#footer .wrap-content > .row > .col-sm-3:first-child {
        width: 100%;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

silverbackmedia
    Participant

I have not tested it yet, but would this help to make the first footer column a whole 100% even tho the other 3 are at 25% width?

Anyway, I have successfully completed my task, but yeah changing the theme template is never a good idea.

Abe
    Keymaster

yes, try it 😀

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

giannisff
    Participant

Sorry if my opinions confuse you.
    Sorry!

Abe
    Keymaster

no problem @giannisff
    thanks for your help

---

silverbackmedia
    Participant

@giannisff I appreciate it too! Thanks for the help!

giannisff
    Participant
     alphasigns
    Participant

Exactly what I needed to adjust the footers.

I’m using 1 & 4 only, hiding 2 & 3.

Perfect!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?