This topic has 23 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     denizalp
    Participant

Hi,

I enabled page comments, but disabled for some specific pages. But still, in those specififc pages, “0 Comments” title is there. I found this topic:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-remove-0-comments-from-bottom-of-pages-with-comments-turned-off

But I can’t see the messages. So can you help me here?

Thanks.

(By the way I am using the lates Kleo version.)

Radu

Hi,

Try this

If you don’t have discussion panel there you will have to enable it, see here how

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxo5b6iHWRMwWlI0V0wwQW9WT3M

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     denizalp
    Participant

@Radu Of course, I know that. But still there is a “0 comments” section at the bottom. Comments are disabled, but only “0 Comments” title is there. This problem started recently, after I upload the theme. I thought you’d fix it in new update, bu still this problem still happening.

Radu

This issue was fixed versions before…

Maybe you have rewrited some templates in child ? try to test with parent theme active only

Try to activate de-activate page comments and then follow my instructions and let me know

If not works provide admin credentials to take a look but do those before

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     denizalp
    Participant

@Radu

You are right. When I deactivated kleo-child problem fixed. But I want to use my child theme and fix the problem. But I don’t know what specific file in child theme cause this problem.

Can you help me?

Radu

What files do you have in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/ ?

Provide print screen please

Cheers
    R.

denizalp
    Participant

@Radu

Thank you 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     kathryndmciver
    Participant

I am having this problem too- please post the child theme solution.

Thanks!

Radu

For people that haves that problem and when you de-activate child theme this gets fixed, look in child theme for single.php or for comments.php if you have these files or one of them try to rename it by prefixing with backup_ or something… in this way the file from child wouldn’t be loaded and check again.

Cheers
    R.

denizalp
    Participant

@Radu

Thanks but I haven’t got any of them in my child theme. So I think there is something different file that conflict things.

kathryndmciver
    Participant

I am not seeing an files in my child theme with the name comments.php or single.php. however, my Kleo theme content has both. Am I supposed to be renaming these files? Also, am I also supposed to de-activate and re-activate my child theme?

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

If you have the latest version and you don’t have anything in the child, it shouldn’t conflict anything…

Do you have somehow caching plugin ? try to purge caches if you have.

For working this kind of setting : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/page-comments/#post-137667

You should have Page Comments On from wp-admin -> theme options -> pages -> Enable Page comments -> ON

Cheers
    R.

denizalp
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

I cannot see any problem regarding to the comments take a look here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwdE95eTZpbkhHS1k/view

Cheers
    R.

denizalp
    Participant

@Radu

Yeah, I test it and get the same result with you. I think the pages that created after the update works like charm, but the pages that created before the update has the problem.

You can see the problem in these pages:
    http://www.drewamca.com/iadedegisim-kosullari-ve-bedenler/
    http://www.drewamca.com/blog/

At the bottom of the page you can see “Ä°LK SEN YORUMLA” title, that means “0 Comments” in Turkish.

I can copy the old writing and paste into the new page and that way I can fix the problem. But maybe you guys can fix the problem with a new update or maybe at least you can inform your clients.

Thank you for your help 🙂

denizalp
    Participant

++Edit: I tried the create a new page and copy/paste the old data way but it did not work.

@Radu

Radu

Very odd, try to update the oldest page… you said that without child these will work, but keep in mind that KLEO child and parent haves theme options separate options, so if you will de-activate child by activating parent you should check wp-admin -> theme options -> pages -> Enable Page comments ->

Anyway I’ve told you this issue was fixed in previous updates, if you want to report a bug and our team to fix something, tell me the steps, the old post pages works as well on my locall installation and i cannot reproduce what you said.

Cheers
    R.

denizalp
    Participant

@Radu

Yeah, you are right. I forgot the re-enable the page comments when de-activated the child theme. So I thought maybe the problem is related with some widgets but I de-activated all my widgets and the problem wasn’t fixed. So do you have another idea to fix it?

denizalp
    Participant

By the way, I forgot to mention that when I enable the page comments when I was using the normal theme, problem wasn’t fixed. So problem occurs both using child theme and normal theme.

Radu

This haves some comments ? : http://www.drewamca.com/iadedegisim-kosullari-ve-bedenler/ if yes try to remove all of these for testing purposes .

I saw that you have changed the pass in the last instance I want to try something

I cannot reproduce this issue on my local installation this is odd and I’ve shown you that this works ok for your pages posts…

denizalp
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

I’ve found the issue and this will be also fixed on next theme update

Please replace all files from this folder : /wp-content/themes/kleo/page-templates/

With the content of the attached archive.

Let me know

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
    Attachments:
     denizalp
    Participant

@Radu

Yeah, problem solved.
    Appreciated, you are the best!

Radu

Great

Have a nice week

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?