This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     Gandam
    Participant

Hi,

I am experiencing some weird result after updated WP to V4.4, not sure where it went wrong! Our homepage is displaying site title + page title, it’s suppose to be tagline. Any solution to this?

Regards,

Radu

Hi,

This can be happens because of theme settings, next time when you update the theme, backup the theme options from wp-admin -> theme options -> Import/Export -> download data file after update import data.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Gandam
    Participant

Hi, Radu
    So what do I do now to fix this problem? Thanks

Radu

You need to re adjust the theme settings.

Or you haved Parent theme activated before upgrading and after update you have activated the child theme, the settings was remain into parent. or vice versa if this not happens you need to make again the theme settings.

Cheers

RAdu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Gandam
    Participant

Hi,
    Where do I readjust the theme setting?? This is first time I am experiencing such issue, I tried to change the site title and tagline form theme options, but nothing happen!! It’s still showing page title instead of tagline. Tsk

Noc2
    Participant

Hi,
    did you find any solution? Since the update I have also problems with the page title.
    For example on the buddypress pages it only shows “page name” instead of “profile | name | page name” in the tabs.

Andrei

Sorry, my colleague Radu probably supposed you’re referring to the title rendered in page, not to the actual page title displayed in browser tabs.

The title rendered in here is not changed by our theme, most of wordpress users have a plugin like yoast seo or something similar which adjusts titles and which are known from time to time to develop or have issues with plugins like bbpress or buddypress because of their custom page titles.

Please understand this is not an issue related to the theme.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

Gandam
    Participant

Hi, Andrei
    I am not using any plugins for page title, and my all other page titles are fine, just home page title change to page tile instead of tagline after I updated to WP 4.4. This is the first time happened to me after update, weird!! 🙁

Regards,

Andrei

Yeah, you’re right, it seem this change comes directly from wordpress as how we don’t modify page title structure. You can verify this by temporary changing to the default wordpress theme.

You can consider using a plugin like Yoast Seo which will help you set a custom title for your homepage.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?