This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Abe.

• Author
     asawarisalwan
    Participant

Hi!

After the recent update one of the pages that was set up right before the update does not show the content anymore.

http://www.gharkakaam.in/requirement

I updated the plugins manually – revslider.zip

for VC i am assuming the file zip name was js_composer.zip? Both these files were from the fresh download of the theme 3.9 version.

Please revert urgently.

asawarisalwan
    Participant

Can someone please respond? In addition to above another q has popped up.
    There were two plugins we were supposed to manually ftp. the VC and the revslider. When the update happened the plugin section said – update these. I went through the process there. Now they are not showing under the update-needed list of items. Does it mean they are updated? Or do i still need to update them manually?

Unable to connect to wpengine thru sftp Hence. unable to move on this.

Thanks,

sharmstr

You dont need to update via FTP. After updates you just need to go to appearance > install plugins.

I cant see content on that page because it states that I need to be logged in. Respond privately with credentials.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

asawarisalwan
    Participant

Ah! situation salvaged. I spent a whole of 24 hours to figure out this sftp situation, because your documentation said – update these 2 manually. 🙂 All is well though! I had goofed up revslider in the ftp. But now that also under control. And that page was re-ftped to the site by our developer. So that is also settled.

I am going to need some customization done to the website. To create a feature identical to your “Add ticket” functionality, but this time post a selection from various dropdowns, the post needs to get added to the correct corresponding sub-group. Please let me know how can i take this conversation up -again – urgent.

sharmstr

Contact dev@seventhqueen.com

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

asawarisalwan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Credentials dont work.

asawarisalwan
    Participant
     asawarisalwan
    Participant

email sent to dev id for customization request.

sharmstr

Okay I’m in. What is it supposed to show? There’s nothing in the page editor. The front end displays a forum form.

sharmstr

What does this mean “And that page was re-ftped to the site by our developer.”?? If they are ftping it to the /kleo folder, it will be deleted during every upgrade. Custom .php files should be go in /kleo-child/

asawarisalwan
    Participant
     asawarisalwan
    Participant

Okay. We are live on the website.

Mobile devices- totally screwed up. The menu when clicked opens. Static pages all links work. Slider image gone. Content on slider overlapping each other. Account links-register and login not working. Scroll straight to the bottom the header becomes black and so the logo which is transparent is gone.

There is something I am not doing right.

http://Www.gharkakaam.in

Screenshot attached. Login creds in one of the threads above.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

1 – “The menu when clicked opens.” That’s what its supposed to do. Open.

2 – “Static pages all links work” – That’s a bad thing?

3 – “Slider image gone” You dont have a slider on the home page

4 – “Content on slider overlapping each other” – Again you dont have a slider. The Get Connected text is overlapping because you have set up a proper line height in the Custom Heading settings. It should be equal to the font size.

5a – The submenu carets were set to transparent since you have border set to transparent. I add css to fix that.

5b – Login link works fine for me

6 – The header (logo) shouldnt show on mobile when you scroll. That’s how it work.

asawarisalwan
    Participant

Thank you!!
    i apologize. I was stating the obvious in a few cases. The menu works fine now. Login working as well.

Register link still not working. Attachment 1 is what happens when i click on register.

Now to point 4 above. I tried changing the value of the line height to equate with the font size. The logo becomes super tiny and is not visible. The line height was increased by me to accommodate the logo in the first place. What can i do to avoid the get connected text not overlap?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Please read my instructions for #4 again. The line height I’m referring to is a setting in the Custom Heading shortcode. That shortcode that’s producing the text “GET CONNECTED”. I said nothing about your header size.

Register link works fine for me. Make sure you are logged out when you test it.

asawarisalwan
    Participant

Thank once again and a big thank you for having patience with me,

I finally understood and checked. The custom heading has a specification on font size. Not on the line height. I tried specifying both, same BUT it throws the website look off. Font size currently is 68 for Get Connected. Obviously when i give line height as 68, the effect is content rolls down, the content line below slips further down creating a gap. Too much scroll. I want to get out of this edit. If i reduce the font size to anything less, the effect of viewing it is not the same. I would want to close this one asap. Is there anything at all that I can do? to not increase the gap between the content and still prevent overlap?

The register is still not working for me, but I will collect other devices tomorrow. It might be something on my phone.

Thanks again, and have a good weekend.

sharmstr

Hmmm. You can duplicate the row. Set the original to only show on larger screens. Then set the copy to a smaller font and to only show on mobile devices.

asawarisalwan
    Participant

Hi! I am unable to make a new post(wonder why!!). my question is related to the pinterest style home page. I have just activated the pinterest theme and my kleo posts area include posts from within the forums as well. However when clicked on read more, the forum should not open up because it is under login. The full forum area. And it was so in the earlier homepage selection.But since the activation of the pinterest style home page, all the forum content is freely accessible. What can i do?

http://www.gharkakaam.in

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply. On the page edit you should edit the Search form shortcode and choose what content to search for

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?