This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     secretenergy
    Participant

After my last experience with updates I’m beginning to wonder if the purpose of creating this theme is to make it stable or just to make it look nice. The reason why I say this is I noticed that you now have incorporated PMP in to the template. As a novice not a wordpress pro let alone a them builder I personally had used this software when I was on Kleo 1.5 because I found it first and I found the plugin was easy to install and appeared to work. After getting in to more customizations I referred to their wordpress page and came across a great deal of disgruntled users who basically note this plugin as a scam. http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/paid-memberships-pro They get you to install it for free and then offer no support save their very expensive custom installs. In addition users report it fails when you get a lot of people in your platform and cripples your entire system with strange errors. So in conclusion I uninstalled it, did some real research, and then began using iThemes membership plugin which gets major reviews all over the internet. Again since I received sparse customer service with my recent issue I’m sure you guys aren’t prepared for dealing with the backlash of incorporating PMP and suggest you remove it during your next theme update. In addition I will be a little more leery about how this theme is being handled via research on incorporating new plugins since anyone just looking in to what was being incorporated, especially a professional, would have noticed this and choosen not to go in that direction. I have an interest in making this theme better because I have spend over $2000 upgrading it so the Kleo team needs to know we are building real websites with this theme not just something we want everyone to look at and say “thats nice” but it doesn’t work. Great support is a part of high sales don’t make it hard on yourself and most importantly don’t begin tainting your reputation as many of us are master bloggers with tentacles all over the internet. I currently have 4 sites with 14,000 members and millions of impressions over the internet. I’m also on the 1st page of google for the keyword “the resistance” so you know what it is. Tighten up.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @secretenergy

PMPRO plugin has been in the theme as an optional plugin to be used at your choice since day one of the release. It is you option is you want to use it or not. We really liked the complexity of the plugin combined with the simplicity of the settings and the workflow as a whole. We styled its elements to match the looks of the theme and came with some extra options to help you restrict Buddypress related areas and add some other nice customizations.

So the plugin is not required, it is optional and the theme will work just fine without it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?