This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     xxxtruthordare
    Participant

Hi There,

When installing the theme, either via wordpress or FTP, when I activate, I get the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in /home/swinger2/public_html/thesexyswinger.com/wp-content/themes/buddyapp/lib/theme-functions.php on line 273

As I am not a coder, but have worked on WP a long time. I do not understand this. Would you have any idea what the issue may be?

thank you.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, it seems like a php version incompatibility

Please replace the file attached on your server to fix it

We will include the fix in the next update so no need to worry when updating.

Thanks for your purchase

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

You need to unzip the file and put the .php file in wp-content/themes/buddyapp/lib folder and replace the existing file

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Also version 1.0.1 for BuddyApp was just released to fix this.

CHeers

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Also don’t forget to rate us 5 stars on Themeforest if you like our product and services

All the best

---

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Parse Error – syntax error’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?