This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     lobas
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi lobas, you can accomplish this in a few simple steps:

1). Replace all your code in header.php with this http://d.pr/n/ZN8V – make a backup first of your original file.
    Basically I haven’t deleted anything, I just added some new classes and commented logo, menu and register buttons.

2). Add the following lines in assets/app.css:

COPY CODE

.always-sticky body { padding-top: 53px; }
    .always-sticky #header { padding-top: 0; padding-bottom: 6px; padding-top: 100px; }
    .always-sticky .sticky.fixed { background: rgb(0, 0, 0); height: 53px; padding-top: 6px; }
    .always-sticky .sticky.fixed .kleo-notifications {
    	top: -4px;
    }
    .always-sticky .sticky.fixed .kleo-notifications a {
    	padding: 0 2px 2px;
    	height: 18px;
    	line-height: 18px;
    	font-weight: normal;
    	display: block;
    }

To not affect other users I just used class “always-sticky” in html tag and prefixed custom styles with this class.

3). Add this code in sweetdate-child theme = > functions.php http://d.pr/n/526i
    Using child theme your code remains intact after feature update.

Regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     lobas
    Participant

Thanks Robert. I have followed the above but for some reason the menu does not work as expected.

For step one I replaced header code in sweetdate/header.php

For step 2 I added that css in sweetdate/assets/styles/app.css

For step 3 I added the code to sweetdate-child/functions.php

In the WP admin I have the sticky theme enabled? Is this correct. if it is disabled no menu shows at all.

When the page first loads the sticky menu seems correct but two problems occur.

As I start to scroll the sticky nav disappears and then reappears (flashes).

Also when I then scroll back up to the top of the page the sticky navigation disappears and the other menu appears (like the original design).

Also where would be the best place to remove the ‘top-links’ row.

Thanks for your help.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, you have a demo link to look more closely?

Regards,
    Robert.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?