This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ellos.

• Author
     ellos
    Participant

Hi all, I’m looking into building something based on this layout – http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/pinterest/

But before recommending it to client I need to figure out a couple of things, so I would really appreciate some pointers.

So here are a couple of questions:

1. Would it be possible to customize the pinterest homepage – for example – can I use Visual Composer to place element above pinterest-like posts? (Same regarding placing it below the pinterest content)

2. Would it be possible to have ‘Load More’ button to load more posts?

Thanks a lot.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Its just a VC page, so yes. You put whatever you want where ever you want. I’d be careful putting content below ‘load more posts’ though.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

HI Sharmstr,

How about this one: “2. Would it be possible to have ‘Load More’ button to load more posts?”

Also – can you specify why should I be careful putting content below ‘load more posts’?

Thanks.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Load more is in the VC grid element.

If you load more posts, it will probably push everything else below it further down the page, right?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

Oh, I see what you mean.. no it’s not a huge concern if everything is pushed down.

Regarding this one – “Load more is in the VC grid element.”

If memory serves me there are 2 VC elements:
    1. VC grid that comes from Visual Composer
    2 And another one with Kleo styling that allows the home page to look exactly like this: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/pinterest/ (I need it to look exactly like this one)

So #2 has different settings, right? So this is why I’m asking – is Load More button available here.

Thanks.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

No. That hasnt changed.

ellos
    Participant

Sorry, it’s a bit ambiguous – “That hasnt changed” means that there is no Load More option with Kleo Grid Element, or there is such an option?

sharmstr

Correct. There still ISNT a load more with the Kleo grid. I thought I made it pretty clear by saying “Load more is in the VC grid element.” LOL. 🙂

ellos
    Participant

OK, it’s a second time when I try doing it and second time when it kills the project 🙂
    I mean it is highly unlikely that the client will agree to buy the theme then. And it goes beyond any understanding why this feature is not included… (pretty much every theme I worked with has it by default)

Is that something that can be done through payed modification?

Thanks.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

You can either email 7th queen directly and request custom work or you can add it to the new feature request section to be voted on. Or both 🙂

ellos
    Participant

OK, I’ve posted it to feature modifications. How do I contact 7th queen directly for modifications?

ellos
    Participant

On the other hand, can we do a workaround? Would it be possible to display in pinterest-style page (http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/pinterest/) only posts from specific category, or posts with only specific IDs.
    Meaning – can it be done with KLEO Grid Element?

Thank you.

sharmstr

Yes. Do you not have a copy of Kleo where you can look at the shortcode yourself to see what it has an what it doesn’t?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ellos
    Participant

I do, but I have to install if from scratch on localhost, since I have no access at the moment, hence the vague statements ‘if memory serves me’ 🙂
    I agree, could have checked it myself, but I hope I’ve explained it.

Thanks.
    Elijah

ellos
    Participant

I meant ‘since I have no access to the client install at the moment’

Elijah.

sharmstr

Okay. Got it. Well, now you can see the options.

ellos
    Participant

Sure, thanks a lot!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?