This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Laura.

• Author
     mineo
    Participant

Hi.

How can I display counter in the post info using WP-PostViews?

Here is usage of the plugin:

1. Open wp-content/themes/<YOUR THEME NAME>/index.php
    2. You may place it in archive.php, single.php, post.php or page.php also.
    3. Find: <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    4. Add Anywhere Below It (The Place You Want The Views To Show): <?php if(function_exists('the_views')) { the_views(); } ?>

I need to know , where can I place this php function.

thx

Laura

Hello, as the instructions say, you need to edit single.php but first go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate copy single.php and paste it at wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child then you can edit it there, find the_post();
    and below that code, paste <?php if(function_exists(‘the_views’)) { the_views(); } ?>

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mineo
    Participant

It does not work. Please check out my website. No wievs on home page and wievs in the single page are showing before title.

Laura

Hello, i suggest to hire a developer to check it out as this issue its not related to the theme but to an integration with a third party plugin 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mineo
    Participant

Ok. I ask the question differently. I’m your customer and I’ve bought your theme. I would like to have the wies counter in the post info in your theme. It might be interesting and a new feature of your theme.
    Do you know how to help me, or should I change the theme?

Laura

Hello, the theme does not have an integration with that plugin, it was not advertised that we had. It’s not at the demo or at the themeforest page. The support, which is free, only helps with theme related issues or related issues with our integrations, simple style fixes and ides or guides. But we cannot integrate any plugin we are requested to, as that is something custom and should be addressed by a developer. We can help you telling you which files to edit. But if there is an issue with the integration, it should be requested to the plugin creator, not us. We are happy to help with any issue related to the theme, and will always help our customers. But custom integrations ( or issues related to third party plugins that requiere development) is not included at the theme, and that is already posted here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/what-support-includes

mineo
    Participant

It is possible make it also without third party plugin.

Laura

Hello, you are trying to integrate a third party plugin with the theme, their support should know mor e about integrating it 🙂 The single.php file is where they told you to place it, if it doesnt work a developer should take a look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?