This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by jacobmark.

• Author
     jacobmark
    Participant

Hi please see my webpage below, the 1st row under the main image with the weather icons is expanding adding extra white space, and then when you scroll down the page it collapses to the normal size. Can you please help fix this issue.

https://nycbeachbums.com/form-test

sharmstr

I’m not seeing that issue at all on your site. I dont see extra whitespace on page load.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jacobmark
    Participant

Please look closely on the page below, right under the main image you’ll see the row with white background and the weather data. If you scroll down the page slowly you will see the row height shrink and if you go to the settings in the row you will see the padding is 40 top and bottom but looks like there is almost double that in the row, and then when you scroll down the row re-sizes down to what seems to be the 40 top and bottom.

https://nycbeachbums.com/form-test

jacobmark
    Participant

I apologize, my developer was working on the page and it wasn’t updated with the booking UI. Please refresh page and look you will see it.

sharmstr

It looks like if you remove the 50px margin from the bottom of that form, the issue stops. At least it did when I add the following css to your site.

COPY CODE

.book {
        margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jacobmark
    Participant

we tried doing the same, if you enter fields e.g. use apr 30, select any group size, and select any location the UI expands vertically to display pricing and then the issue pops up again.

sharmstr

The issue is that you’re injecting a growing form into a column that its the same row as the weather column. Of course the size of the form is going to effect the size of all columns in that row. This isnt a bug. Perhaps you should look for another place to attach the form. Or figure out a way to force the form into a constant ‘sticky’ state since that doesnt look like it effects any of the other row heights.

jacobmark
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I understand and we will try to resolve with your suggestion. We thought it was a bug for a few reasons, primarily because only after adding the row with the weather the problem popped up, but if we added extra content to that row below the weather data to increase the row height larger than the booking form it would also stop the problem from happening so we though it was some sort of bug or default class.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?