This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Laura.

• Author
     Laura

Hello, is very common to see topics related to website speed, and about how KLEO is slow. e nee to clear that this is wrong, a way to understand a bit more how your site speed works, please check out:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/slowest-theme-ever/#post-74406

Not everyone knows how to speed up a website, and if you plan on having a lot of traffic, you probably need help on this.

Please, know that our themes are built as fast as we could and as clean as it can be. Our team takes a lot of hours, days, weeks of work to create something unique, beautiful, functional and its even fast.

The issue here is when you add plugins to your website and those plugins add a lot of features, some of them are complex and heavy, that is the way your site starts to be slow.

The fix sometimes is very simple, from deactivating plugins that you dont need, optimizing your images etc…

With this topic, my plan is to give some free help to people that didnt had luck trying to speed up the site or dont know where to start.

Please, know that this is a service i offer for free and it can take some time to complete, as is not part of the support we offer, it will be in a queue.

Tips to speed up your website:

– Deactivate plugins that you dont really need
    – Optimize your images ( Smush it plugin or any other )
    – Use a caching plugin ( W3 Total Cache or any other )
    – Use a CDN like Cloudflare, MAXCDN…
    – Change to a better hosting plan or company ( wpengine, hostgator ) ( vpn, dedicated hosting, shared hosting for blogs and small sites )

Also, i will only offer this to those clients that have tried at least the tips above, with no luck.

You need to know that:

– This service is not included in the support, so understand that it can take some time to complete, and that i can accept or NOT accept your request.
    – You already tried the tips we suggested with no luck, and you really need help
    – You wont share your admin credentials in this post, but by mail only to the mail posted by me.

Also, if you are happy with the service results, dont forget to rate us and give us a nice comment on themeforest 🙂

Mail requests and wordpress credentials ONLY to: laura@seventhqueen.com

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

hma
    Participant

Hello Laura, very good Post.
    I can witness what you said. This is the right way to go. I have been working hard to make sure the speed is of my Kleo site is right. No, for me Kleo is not slow.
    For sure a host like WPengine helps a lot; and I have checked a lot of the speed is coming from the plugins.
    One good plugin to track down plugin speed impact is P3. with it I have been sucessfully managed to build the site I wanted with 40 + plugins and a page load of 1,2 second on average. Simply by choosing the right plugin from features and weight standpoints. Sometimes a tiny litle plugin that does very litle will get you down. And P3 will make track it down.
    However please note the recommanded plugins that are coming with Kleo are very very ressources intensive, especially buddypress + woocommerce, and adding paid membership pro + visual composer will simply kill page speed. These 4 plugins only will add 1 second only to page load speed. Plus you need to add WPcore at 0.3 and Kleo at .27 second. So keeping the annoying window of recommanded plugins to be installed is not good.
    I have discussed this issue with WPengine and they advise not to install thee 4 at the same time. their cache and CDN have no effect on plugins ressource load. It might work in test mode, but when traffic will come…
    I would be interested trough to receive feed back on Kleo customers that are still using them at success with volume.
    So I believe it might be important to make it clear that altrough Kleo is compatible with Woocommerce,PMP, Buddypress and VC. using them altogether can be challenging, even with the best cache and CDN in place.
    Other info. Smush it will depend on how images are used on the site. It is taken about 0.1 second over page speed.
    Best regards,
    Hervé

Laura

Hello, yes, you are right, we need to make clear that those plugins are included but you are not forced to use them, only k elements.
    Then activate the ones you will use. Some people only use buddypress but keep membership pro and woocommerce activated.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

maelga
    Participant

I use https://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-organizer/
    to disable plugins that are not required on certain pages but needed on others.
    Awesome to speed up complex sites with a large number of plugins.

Laura

Hello, yes it is a good plugin 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

snakebyte99
    Participant

Hi Laura, like to chime in and say there are no issues with Kleo whatso ever. I am using maybe 30 heavily modified plugins and have not even began to optimize yet and the website is super quick. If your website is slow, its your plugins (unlikely) or your web host (I’m using a VPS)

Laura

Hello @snakebyte99,thanksbyou for your comments, it’s true that it also depends on the server or plugins so a good optimization it’s important

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?