This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Catalin.

• Author
     cali82
    Participant

Hello,

I added some basic customization to the members and page parts files, but I was wondering if I could have just left them in the public_html/wp-content/plugins folder? Because for some reason I added the whole folder with the edits to the child theme because I was not sure. I had some custom work from a plugin developer and he added his custom php in the public_html/wp-content/plugins so I figured I could add just that one file I am trying to edit there as well so when the plugins are updated the changes in the custom edits are still available.

Please advise.

Thanks=)

cali82
    Participant

Or leave everything as is? I just questioned myself because I need to edit something else in the confirmation page in paid membership pro. So I was not sure if I need to add the whole folder in my child theme and then edit the file or I can just add the php under all the files in plugin? If not, I will do as I have been doing, adding everything to public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child ,but was wondering when is it that I need to add custom php in the public_html/wp-content/plugins area?

Thanks=)

cali82
    Participant

Basically how would I edit this so the updates don’t override the changes? Do I copy that one file into plugin php and edit it there? (contents/plugins)

Thanks!

..\plugins\paid-memberships-pro\pages\confirmation.php

Catalin

you need to add the custom file in the child theme folder keeping the same folder structure… don’t forget to make a backup o f the custom file 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?