This topic has 43 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: 

sinusite
    Participant

HI,
    I’m using Polylang plugin for translation ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/ ).
    Unfortunately, i have a fatal error with social sharing activated :-/

Any idea ? (see attached capture)

Thank You !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Instead polylang try to use Loco translate ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/ )

Try this plugin and let me know if the problem persist

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu. I uses Loco translate to translate 13 language. and i uses Polylang to display the page of every language and to be Language switcher.Every page work fine, except Members page the details as below:

-If i disable Polylang, Members page display all members and work fine.
    -If i enable Polylang, Members page don’t display any members.

Please help.
    Thank you

Radu

Please provide that members page URL, also provide admin credentials to test this

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     sermsak
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Sorry, but the server is slow… ( i tried to take a look at polylang settings ) can you add please this line in wp-config.php from root wordpress directory ?

COPY CODE

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Then let me know if any errors or notices appears.

Also if you use polylang only for the flags to switch languages, try to test this https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-language-switcher/ instead polylang , let me know if this will solve your issue.

Cheers

Radu

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu. I already add that line to wp-config.php and it not show any errors or notices.
    And from my side, the server not too slow. May can you login again ?

Thank you

Radu

Have you tested this ? https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-language-switcher/

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu. Simple Language Switcher plugins. Compatible up to: 3.5.2 , Last Updated: 2013-5-31. I don’t need to take a risk with this plugin. And others reason is, i need to translate 100% of 13 language of my site. Then Simple Language Switcher not support to do that.

Sorry, Polylang issue when enable it. Is it complicated to fix or not ? Or may can i have others solution ?

Thank you

Radu

Hi,

Sorry to say that, but is not easy to fix this, it requires some time for debugging and integration, try to post on their forum support.

Cheers

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu.

I check on Polylang forum support.and i found this
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/my-menu-doesnt-change-with-the-language?replies=10
    and
    https://polylang.wordpress.com/2014/04/10/incorrect-usage-of-wp_nav_menu/
    This case is my issue or not ? if not, i will opening a new thread on their support forum.

Thank you

Radu

Hi,

I don’t think if this https://polylang.wordpress.com/2014/04/10/incorrect-usage-of-wp_nav_menu/ is your issue, open a ticket of their support forum and see want they say.

Cheers

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu, The Polylang support their reply is, Could you ask to your theme author if they provide their own language switcher.

Please help

Radu

Please make a backup of item-likes.php file that are located to wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/incl/item-likes.php then replace this file with the attached file, it should to be fixed.

Let me know if is ok.

Cheers

Attachments:
     sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu. Thank you for your help. But the path it have only wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/inc, it don’t have wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/incl and inside no file item-likes.php

Radu

Sorry,

The correct path is wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/

sermsak
    Participant

Hello, It still have the issue. For more information may it help. if i enable Polylang.

– Members page don’t display any members.
    – Groups page don’t display any groups.
    – Members – Activity,Profile,Notifications,Messages,Friends,Groups,Settings. It work fine.
    – Site-Wide Activity page automatic change by itself to Latest Site Activity.
    – New page which build by myself, it work fine.

Radu

Hi,

You still receive this error after you replaced item-likes.php file ?

About these

– Members page don’t display any members.
    – Groups page don’t display any groups.
    – Site-Wide Activity page automatic change by itself to Latest Site Activity.

We will take this in consideration and i will notify you when a fix for this will be released.

Cheers

sermsak
    Participant

Hello, For more information. Register page display White page too.

sermsak
    Participant

Hello, From your question above. I don’t receive this error after i replaced item-likes.php file.

Radu

I see that register page on your website it works now, probably because the plugin is disabled.

Sorry to say but, this plugin needs some time to be integrated with the kleo theme, which is not a quick solution for this issue.

In future polylang plugin will be full compatible will kleo.

Cheers

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu. Yes, it is correct. i disabled Polylang.
    Sorry, please help for approximate schedule of work to be full compatible with Kleo. Because it is necessary for me to translate my site. if i know the approximate then i can decide for, how should i do with translation of my site ? Thank you

Radu

Maybe in one month or something like that i don’t know to say you exactly.

Regarding to translation of your website, you can use loco translate to translate strings from theme & plugins, but if you do that you will not have possibility to switch languages..

You can use WPML but is a premium plugin.

Cheers

sermsak
    Participant

Because after i was study in WPML VS Polylang. If the schedule of work is about 1 month, I will waiting you. Thank you so much for your always help.

Schoolisting
    Participant

Hi,

I got this message after intalling polylang plug in on my site (screenshot attached).

Warning: Missing argument 2 for kleo_check_single_post_title() in /home/schoolistingorgftp/parent.schoolisting.org/wp-content/themes/kleo/functions.php on line 1106

Also, the permalinks become uncontrollable. Look at this for example: http://parent.schoolisting.org/en/home-schoolisting/en/home-schoolisting/home-schoolisting/ (that’s the homepage url, I simply don’t know how it was added up, it was all automatically).

Please advise what was wrong and how to fix it?

Regards,

Attachments:
     Schoolisting
    Participant

Hi,

I had to deactivate Polylang and íntalled WPML, it works fine.

My problem now is with permalinks. The permalink before Polylang installation was: http://parent.schoolisting.org/

Now it is http://parent.schoolisting.org/en/home-schoolisting/en/home-schoolisting/en/home-schoolisting/ for homepage.

I guess Polylang created it as it created EN version is the new one added up to the original version of the theme. The I do not know fpre sure why there are up to 3 times this home-schoolisting was there? And more importantly, how to fix the issue (make the url shorter and more friendly as they were used to be).

Regards,

Nhu

HarryDB
    Participant

Hi,

I am also having issues with Kleo and Polylang. It worked fine for a couple of updates, but then with 3.0 the old problem was back. On the Porfolio pages the pics are not shown (picture gallery).
    Hope it will be fixed ! 😉

Best regards,
    Harry

Andrei

Make sure you have updated to the latest version of Kleo, we fixed something related to Polylang in the last updates.

Cheers

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu,Andrei

It’s look like Kleo theme have conflict with Polylang. When enable Polylang it don’t display main menu but can display sub-menu.
    Please look at my site cookkoo.com , if i disable Polylang, the issue is gone.
    Please help to fix this too.

Thank you

Radu

Hi,

Go to yourdomain.com/wp-admin/nav-menus.php then pres save menu, the menu should appear for your language.

Let me know if this will solve your issue.

Cheers

Radu

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Radu, I was already done 3-4 times. But still have the issue. Please help

Andrei

Hi,

Can you give a look into your error logs or enable wp debug in order to catch some errors related to this issue so that we can know where to give a closer look.

I’ll also add this to our to do list in order to run some extra tests before next theme update.

Looking forward.

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Andrei. Thank you for your reply, I install Debug Bar plugin and the report as below :

– NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php:124 – Undefined index: page
    require_once(‘wp-admin/admin-header.php’), do_action(‘admin_head’), call_user_func_array, RevSliderAdmin::include_custom_css

– NOTICE: wp-includes/functions.php:3622 – WP_Admin_Bar::add_node was called incorrectly. The menu ID should not be empty. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.)
    require_once(‘wp-admin/admin-header.php’), do_action(‘in_admin_header’), call_user_func_array, wp_admin_bar_render, do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, bp_setup_admin_bar, do_action(‘bp_setup_admin_bar’), call_user_func_array, Social_Articles_Component->setup_admin_bar, BP_Component->setup_admin_bar, WP_Admin_Bar->add_menu, WP_Admin_Bar->add_node, _doing_it_wrong, trigger_error

Please help

sermsak
    Participant

Hello, I have the question. On the waiting time which i’m waiting Kleo team to FIX this issue. If i’m go ahead to translate any page by Polylang (because i have more than 500 page to translate and i can not stop my schedule). After Kleo theme FIX this issue, Should i have the effect or lost my translation or not? If no, I will go ahead. But if yes, I will waiting Kleo team.

Thank you

sermsak
    Participant
     Andrei

@sermsak, please provide me access to your website in order to investigate what’s happening in your case.
    And please let me know exact steps I need to do on your site in order to replicate the issues you’re encountering.

Looking forward.

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Andrei, Thank you for your reply. I got hack from some bad plugin author. Then my site is dead as can not open it again. And now i start the fresh installed. Please help to continue to our point details as above.

sermsak
    Participant
     Andrei

Given a closer look, activated the Polylang plugin and couldn’t find any issues. Can you tell me more exactly what is the issue you’re encountering and how can I replicate it ?

Looking forward.

sermsak
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for your help. The issue is,

When disable Polylang the page as below it’ displays data, for example members or group .
    http://cookkoo.com/members/
    http://cookkoo.com/groups/

BUT when enable Polylang the same page it’ NOT DISPLAY data of members or group.
    http://cookkoo.com/en/members/
    http://cookkoo.com/en/groups/

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?