This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     maelga
    Participant

Hi,

I just read your post http://seventhqueen.com/blog/code-snippets/restrict-guest-users-from-accessing-buddypress-or-bbpress-pages.html and posted a comment but this support is may be more appropriate.

How to trigger the modal login to access restricted content instead?

Users usually find a redirect to a registration page quite harsh and it does not always make sense.

A better approach would be to kick in the modal login instead.
    If the viewer is already a registered user, then why redirecting him to the registration page?
    If the viewer is not yet a registered user, then he gets the message that he needs to register and click himself on the registration link on the modal login.

So how to trigger the modal login to access restricted buddypress content?

sharmstr

The problem is that the login modal isnt coded to stay focused if the user clicks on another part of the screen. So, if you merely launch the modal, without a redirect, they can click somewhere outside of the modal to close it and then would be able to see the content. The redirect prevents that from happening.

I dont disagree with you, but its not an easy tweak of the code. I’ll move this to the feature request forum to be considered for future functionality.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?