This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by fotodesign.

• Author

Tagged: 

fotodesign
    Participant

How do I get the new portfolio-full-width that is on your demo below? I don’t have this option on my install that I downloaded on 26 September.

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio-full-width/

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look here:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#demo-pages

you will have to add the code provided in your page content.

the code is here:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/kleo/individual_pages/portfolio-full-width.txt

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     matthew nystrom
    Participant

To whom this may concern,

This is not how the video makes adding the demo content out to be. Also the code given isn’t even a fourth of the demo pages that the video and your working demo say they include.

The theme looks like it would be great if the installation process actually worked like it says it does.

I was hoping to present the 1st Beta site to the company today using your theme (Here is my URL – http://artjones.co), but without the demo content that the theme promised, this is almost useless to me.

Here is the demo that we where trying to import – http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio-full-width/

If we cannot figure out a solution to start with this demo content then we would like our money back.

Thank you for any assistance.

sharmstr

@matthew I’m an early adopter, so I hadn’t uploaded demo content in quite awhile. I just did on a fresh install of WP, BP and Kleo. Here’s the steps I took to make it work. Hopefully this helps you.

1 – Uploaded demo content in demo-kleo.xml

2 – Verified that portfolio items were created by going to WP Admin -> Portfolio

3 – Imported the home-default revolution slider located in the demo content folder.

4 – Created a new page and pasted the full width portfolio vc code into the text editor of the wysiwyg editor: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/kleo/individual_pages/portfolio-full-width.txt

4 – Switched over to backend editor and edited the revolution slider so that it will use the slider I just imported “HomeFullWidth”

5 – Enabled Hide Title, Hide Breadcrump and Hide Information

6 – Enabled Transparent Main Menu

See attached image for what I ended up with by doing the above steps. There’s obviously things that will need to be adjusted like a custom logo because of the menu transparency.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     matthew nystrom
    Participant

Hello sharmstr,

I wish this where the case with my experience. However none of the portfolio content uploads from the demo content .xml file. It appears that I have portfolio categories, but no content. Here is the link to my site (http://artjones.co)

Also, I’ve found the page to copy and past .txt into the classic editor, but this is not what the video on their sales page made the installation process out to be. Plus there are only 7 .txt links to copy and paste, and they only pertain to the home page layout, while the other 90% of the pages they claim to have in their demo content don’t exist.

Please advise me if I am missing something, but all the different portfolio pages, buddy press pages, gallery pages, etc…. that they have in their demo’s are no where to be found for easy import.

This has been the worst Theme installation I’ve experienced.

sharmstr

All the pages that you are missing (well most of them) are in the demo xml file. There are numerous reports about the built in WP import tool having issues (and sucking eggs). I even had to run it twice. The first time I selected import attachments, the second time I didnt. There were roughly 40 pages and 13 portfolio items that were imported. I know this is frustrating for you, but the import file contains content and does work.

Have you researched possible issues as to why the import is failing with your setup? Do you have enough PHP memory set? Have you tried disabling any non essential plugins? Are you in a shared hosting environment? Have you logged into your host and watch server resources during the upload? (I originally had my site on GoDadddy and had to split the import file into 4 files to get all the data to upload.)

I’m not saying Kleo is perfect by any means, but it is one of the best themes out there and does work. I think your issues lie elsewhere.

Let me know if I can help.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

matthew nystrom
    Participant

@ sharmstr

Thank you very much for your quick response, and other suggestions. After trouble shooting and unchecking the import attachments box, I was able to gather most of the content. You have been more than helpful.

Apart from some images, it seems to be intact. like the video. Hopefully as I complete the installation the buddyPress and WooCommerce sections will be intact.

Thanks again and Regards

sharmstr

No problem. I know that they do not include all images due to copyright issues.

I said this the other day in a different topic… Its awesome that Kleo gives you so many options to control the look and feel and personalize the theme… but it can take some time and does get a bit confusing. You’ll get the hang of it soon enough. Again, dont hesitate to ask if you have any issues (use the search first though. lol).

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, thanks @sharmstr for your detailed responses.
    We included in the documentation the .txt files since some people prefer that instead of importing the whole demo content and we just included the important homepages. Also the demo xml should include those pages.

We are working on adding an 1 click install so you can easily import the content in your site.

Thank you

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Oh, and the individual portfolio items templates are added to the Visual composer templates section, see https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#portfolio

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

@abe That’s great news about the installer. WP import is painful. ugh.

fotodesign
    Participant

Ok, so managed to get my portfolio page to look like the demo by using the txt file and also changing the page template to full width.
    thx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?