This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Kea.

• Author
     Kea
    Participant

Hi to everyone,

please apologize any grammar mistakes, I am not a native speaker, but I’ll try to describe the problem:

We’ve been workin with Kleo for some months now, and so far have been very happy with it. Now we would like to do some changes regarding the portfolio.

Until now we have a portfolio overview as shown on the attached picture. Upon clicking on one of the image, you are redirected to a page with further information.

Is it possible to keep the overview as it is, but connecting a direct hyperlink to an external page (opening in a new tab) instead of opening another page (a “subpage” on our page) with more information about the concerning project that was chosen from the portfolio gallery?

As an alternative I’ve tried to create an image gallery. But I could not manage to generate a text hyperlink as an overlay on top of the images, only an icon.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would be grateful for any help!

Best Wishes,
    Kea

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

There’s no built in easy way to do that. One alternative would be to use some sort of redirect plugin that would allow you to redirect the individual portfolio pages to external links. You’ll probably also need one to open redirects in a new tab/window.

The other option is to use Visual Composers grid builder. They make it easy enough to grab the title and featured image. The issue will be setting and linking an external site. They have an option to grab a custom field, but the trick will be to set the custom field in the portfolio post and, again, linking it.

Do some googling for possible solutions.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Another idea is dump the use of portfolios and find a plugin that will do what you want. I’ve never tried this one, but something like this: http://codecanyon.net/item/grid-gallery-with-custom-links-pro-/6068348

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Kea
    Participant

Hey guys,

thanks for your help.
    I managed to build a image gallery with external links, there is an option in the visual composer to add the external links in the order of the images and open them in a new tab.
    The only thing that is missing is the text overlay. As you can see in the image attached, by mouseover, a “+” appears on the image but I found no way to add some text.
    With the plugin, the text is underneath the image and I want it as an overlay, so I create this nice masonry look.
    I also tried to build some individual grid elements, but as you mentioned, the problem is to find a way to set a link to an external page.

For I have no idea of html and css – do you think is it possible for a web developer to fix the problem via html and css? Maybe I have to aks one to help me?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?