This topic has 23 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     rawbox
    Participant

Been searching a way to change the permalink structure for portfolio items and can’t find a solution.

All portfolio Items have a permalink structure that includes the word portfolio. For example http://www.yahoo.com/portfolio/etc/etc/

How can we change the word portfolio to what we want?

Tried all permalink settings already with no luck

Thanks

sharmstr

wp admin – theme options – portfolio

turn off Custom page for Portfolio archive
    name your portfolio and link
    **important* resave your permalink settings. you dont have to change them, just click save

You can turn on Custom page for Portfolio archive if you want now. It will keep your new name for your portfolio.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rawbox
    Participant

When you say Custom Page for Portfolio Archive, do you mean single portfolio page option?

If So, I have tried the above steps a few times with no luck. Portfolio still shows up in Permalink no matter what I name the portfolio and link.

Do the permalink setting need to be changed? I currently have them set as (Post Name)

Thanks

sharmstr

No
    wp admin – theme options – portfolio

**important* resave your permalink settings. you dont have to change them, just click save

See attached.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     rawbox
    Participant

Thank for the quick reply…. I actually do not have that option for some reason.

I go under theme options / Portfolio …………. no custom page option at all

sharmstr

They are new to Kleo 2.2. Have you upgraded yet?

rawbox
    Participant

Probably Not. Last time i tried i had some issue. I will have to try to update again.

rawbox
    Participant

Looks like I don’t have an option for manual update. I put in my API key etc in the update section and it hasn’t updated automatically for months so something is obviously wrong.

Will probably need to open another topic unless you’ve come across this before?

sharmstr

Just ftp it up to your server. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

sharmstr

I will caution you though. Regardless of how you upgrade, make a back up and make sure you’ve been running kleo child. I know you have custom code so I want to make sure you do wipe that away.

rawbox
    Participant

Yeah I appreciate that. I always thought the updates are automatic. That’s why I didn’t bother looking for a manual way to update.

I will try to update the FTP way but Should I worry about the theme not updating automatically?

sharmstr

You should definitely sort that out. I wouldn’t say “worry”, but it makes life easier. Personally I always manually update but I’m old school and I have an enormous amount of customization that I have to pick through.

rawbox
    Participant

Ok gotcha,

Well I really Appreciate your Knowledge and advice.

I’m totally New To word press and having this theme updated might make a whole lot of things easier lol

Thanks a million

sharmstr

No problem. Once you get updated, let us know if you’re able sort out the permalink issue 🙂

sachaf
    Participant

Hello, i have pretty the same problem, i changed the slug of portfolio (portfolio to projects), saved and saved again Wp permalinks page…and all my portfolio items are unreachable, 404 error.
    I have of course Kleo 2.2…I even purge my seo plugin for XML map….it doesn’t work.

A solution?? Thank you

rawbox
    Participant

Ok…. Bad News

First I have kleo Version 2.1.1 which is clearly not the newest version

Second, Word press states I have the newest version of kleo and i’m already up to date which I am not.

Thirdly, I tried to do a manual update and I cant download the theme files. I logged into themeforest and can not find my original purchase which allowed me to download the files. That has disappeared. I went looking all over for other options to download the files hoping they changed the location but sadly it seems they just deleted my record. How can I get the Updates now?

Thanks

sharmstr

First and Second: Can I get access? I wanna see this for my own eyes 🙂

Third, that’s obviously why auto update isn’t working. Any chance you have two Themeforest accounts?

rawbox
    Participant

Thank for the quick reply… you are great.

There was something wrong on themeforest end. Now fixed.

Automatic updates are fixed. And once theme updated it fixed the permalink issue as well. All done with this issue. Solved Thanks for the help.

sharmstr

*hive five* Life will be so much easier now. Also just read your update on the hosted video issue. Good idea on waiting.

rawbox
    Participant

*High five* back at you

Reading the update fixes but nothing pops out related to the hosting video issue. What should I be looking for?

Thanks

sharmstr

What I mean is that I read your latest response to the topic saying that you were going to wait to hear from abe before applying the previous fix he gave you. Hope that makes more sense.

rawbox
    Participant

Ohhh ok, I thought you meant the fix was already available in the update. I read the update up and down about 4 times lol ….

That makes a lot more sense now.

Appreciate all the quick responses. It means more then you can image when dealing with issues.

Thanks again
    Will be waiting for ABE.

rawbox
    Participant

*imagine

Abe
    Keymaster

I will let you know in the other topic about the hosted video fix. Closing this topic

thanks @sharmstr

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Portfolio Permalink’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?