This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hello,

Background: I am wanting to make an image gallery in masonry format, with no watermarks on the thumbnails, and watermarked images for the larger images that open in the Lightbox. I’ve found that I can’t use the standard WP gallery as it always creates the thumbnails from the larger watermarked images, so producing watermarked thumbs.

After trialing heaps of different options my best solution appears to be this: a Lightbox plugin called “jQuery Masonry Image Gallery” and a image custom links plugin called “WP Gallery Custom Links” to open a different image in the Lightbox.

Problem: This works well apart from one thing – the Lightbox always opens from the first image, rather than the one you click on. So I was wondering if the built-in Kleo Lightbox was in conflict with it somehow?

Question: So please can you confirm what Lightbox Kleo theme uses? so the other plugin author can review this glitch? If you want to see an eg of what’s happening, I have included below a link to a page on our site, which is in an early dev stage.

Many thanks, j

5high-photohub
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Thanks – firstly, please can you remove/make private the link I put to my dev site as above, as requested?

I have also contacted the plugin author of jQuery Masonry Image Gallery and the support thread is here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lightbox-always-opens-with-first-image?replies=7#post-8251178.

I have also tested the plugin with wp 2015 theme as it opens on the clicked image (as expected) but then doesn’t scroll through them, so the opening at first image does seem to be theme related.

I have also tested with social share on and off, and no change.

I have tried using the VC gallery and the WP Gallery Custom Links plugin, which would seem to be the obvious way to do it, but it doesn’t work at all – just opens the thumnails, not the linked larg images.

Thanks.

Look forward to some info so I can see if we can use this plugin, as it’s the only way I’ve found that we can achieve what we need for our gallery page.

Radu

Hi,

We will release a new update at the end of this week in that we will implement an option to disable magnific pop-up, please wait the update and see how that option works for you.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    Thanks for your help. We will possibly now try a different solution, so please don’t spend any more time on this for us. But if we do retry it, I’ll post an update here after your next version release.
    Many thanks, j

5high-photohub
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

The link from first post footer is visible only by admin and topic creator

It’s ok ?

Cheers

5high-photohub
    Participant

yes, that’s OK – it just looked like it was visible to everyone, as it wasn’t in the usual ‘pink box’ that other private entries are.
    Thanks.

Radu

OK

Have a nice week

Cheers

Radu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?