This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     cordieinc
    Participant

Comments on the post don’t have spacing… Also can we add a visual editor?

On the screenshot I added in the </br> tag but still no spacing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

A couple of thing

1 – by default, WP doesnt use a wysiwyg editor for the comments box. you can try adding a plugin for that.

2 – wp doesnt really adhere to line brakes in its comment box either. see the attachments. one shows where i’m adding the comment and the multiple new lines i’ve added (2 lines between 1 and 2 and 3 lines between 2 and 3). As you can see in the next screenshot, WP by default strips out multiple new lines.

With that said, it only appears that buddyapp is stripping all of them out (see buddyapp-default.jpg) due to the paragraph spacing. WP’s default 2015 theme sets the bottom margin on the paragraphs to 1.6842em, while buddyapp doesnt have a bottom margin set. If I override that and set a bottom margin, then it looks like the WP default. See override.jpg

(for reference, here’s the css I used)

COPY CODE

.comment-list>li.comment .comment-body .comment-content p {
        margin-bottom: 1.6842em;
    }

So, what all this means is that buddyapp isnt doing anything special as far as stripping new lines. WP is.

(moving this since its not a bug)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?