This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author

Please see screenshot. This is for my website http://www.legendsnation.com.

Today I turned on being able to use Visual Composer in posts (before I was just using it in pages). I wanted to format a post with some data ( http://legendsnation.com/2015/02/16/2015-winter-nationals-day-one-results-21615/ ). However, on my home page, which uses Kleo Posts Grid set to small left thumb and to show post excerpt, it no longer is showing the post excerpt.

I went back into the post, copied the first text box area text, deleted that box, then switched to classic and pasted the text before the VC code, and that fixed it to where the post excerpt showed again, but when I went back in to edit the page (a different text area), it automatically put the first text in a text box, and when it saved it removed the post excerpt from the main page. So there is something wrong with having VC set up and the way Kleo Posts Grid works or something.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Just checking to see if this has been looked at.

Also, to add, I think there is a problem with the posts grid feature as well (the non-kleo branded one). I try to change the text size in a custom grid elements I created, and it doesn’t seem to matter if I use H1 through H6 or anything else. The displayed text size doesn’t change.

Andrei

So for posts you have a dedicated textarea in the edit post in which you can enter an excerpt, if there’s none it will try to search in the main content block, and when using VC, probably because of it’s complexity, it doesn’t find any text directly in the content from which to take a piece and create the excerpt. Let me know if using the default excerpt field from wordpress, which is located under the main content screen, helped you in your first issue.

Regarding your other issue, could you please post a screenshot with more details from where you try to change that text size ? It’s a default VC element or a custom one ?

Looking forward.
    Cheers.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

For issue number one, PERFECT! Posting text in the excerpt area fixes this. I actually never use this field since I let the other options control it, but in this case, since VC is probably difficult for it to pull info from like you said, I will need to use it in this case.

For issue two, I am creating a short video that I will link to shortly.

Andrei

That will be perfectly, thanks.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, I’ve tried to recreate your issue as you pointed out in the video but without success. On my side when I change the title tag it also change the font/font-size according to my selection.

It could be possible that you might have some custom css rules which overrides our default styling ?

Could you provide me access to your wp-admin so I can see more exactly what is your scenario and make some tests and see from where does this problem come ?

Looking forward.
    Cheers

This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Thanks, I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible with a fix.

Andrei

It seems that deleting that “title” element from the Post Grid Elements, and putting it back, resolved the problem.
    I think there was a VC problem, because it was hard writing the font size of that element.

Everything works ok now.
    Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Ahhh … excellent! I wonder if one of the most-recent updates to VC fixed, but it was holding that old one until the delete / re-insert.

Thanks Andrei! Time for me to keep diggin’ on the new layout!

Andrei

It was my pleasure.
    Good luck with the project.

Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?