This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Is there any way to link a custom field to this theme so when you upload image from a custom field it will show in post and also work with kleos grab featured image from post content.

Is there a specific name to give the fields meta key? Please any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

sharmstr

This will take custom coding which is beyond theme support here. You can either send an email to dev@seventhqueen.com to get a quote, or you can try to do it yourself. For the posts, you can try filtering the_content to inject your info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/the_content. For the posts listings you’d have to edit the post-content-xxxx files in /kleo/page-parts/ and print out your custom field info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Fields

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

I’ve already an installed plugin to allow front end posts. I have post title, post exerpt, and post body working, but the custom field (image upload) asks for a meta key. I’m just stuck there, I just want it to post with the body. Apended I guess is what it is.

sharmstr

Why not add the image to post body?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

That’s what I want to happen. I just can’t link the image upload field to it. The built in rich text editor doesn’t have an image button. Obviously that’d be great if I can add that button but the custom field is what I’m doing now. It just needs to link to post body and I can’t figure out why.

It’s form management system, and I understand it’s not an included plugin I just would like to use it with the site’s functionality. And presently that one custom field is preventing that

This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

why cant you link it to the wp featured image meta?

I am not too sure on how to do it. I’d like it linked there so it can show in the listing and also linked to show in single post.

sharmstr

That’s all WP stuff. Google it. I cant remember the meta key off the top of my head.

I’m just so stuck. Believe me when I say I’ve been googling for hours.

I assumed the theme itself had a certain meta key already for images being posted.

I’ve tried so many things but nothing works. I upload image hit submit …..the post body and title show ….but no image. I don’t know what to put the meta key name as

sharmstr

Maybe I havent been clear enough. Kleo uses the built in featured image, not a custom field. If one isnt set, then it tries to pull an image from the post content. WPs post meta for that is _thumbnail_id

sharmstr

I just tested it and it seems to be working fine if you have your users insert the image into the post content.

Yes. I configured the rte to show the add Media button. I only didn’t want this because I want them to be able to upload only from pc and bot have access to the library.

Whatever the post body is linked to is what I want the image upload field linked to.

sharmstr

The post content is in the post_content field in the wp_posts table.

I just logged into your site again and there’s a “featured image” post field. Why aren’t you using that?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?