This topic has 31 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     msukheraca
    Participant

Hello, I am having difficulty showing featured image in a post and additional images and self-hosted video file.

I have kept the website on maintenance mood, but sharing a link if it works for your ref. else I can share the site credentials for your review

msukheraca
    Participant
     sharmstr

Need access. Thanks

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

msukheraca
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Its not Kleo causing it. It happens with the WP 2016 Theme enabled. Probably an issue with your hosting and the new way that WP adds the srcset parameter to images. Not sure.

Maybe try this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-responsive-images/

If that doesnt work, ask on the WP forums and tell them that its not working with the WP 2016 theme enabled.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

msukheraca
    Participant

can i downgrade to WP version which support KLEO or if I can cancel the installation and do it again

msukheraca
    Participant

so it means KLEO doesnt work with any of the things you mentioned above.

msukheraca
    Participant

well I installed the plugin and it seems to be resolved, but does this plugin effects on images responsiveness and if in the coming KLEO update this issue will be resolved? because I want third KLEO license for my new project.

msukheraca
    Participant

Also please let me know how to show and add multiple images on a post main image area.

msukheraca
    Participant
     sharmstr

As I said, its not a Kleo issue. If you enable the WP 2016 Theme, your site has the same problem. Its something you need to figure out by asking on the WP forums or asking your host.

To add images to your post you can add them to via the editor by clicking on the media button. Or you can have Kleo auto insert them by adding images to the slider section of Theme General Settings > Media.

I see the menu on the posts pages. So, not sure what you mean.

msukheraca
    Participant
     sharmstr

You cant have them all that way. The media settings are dependant upon the post format you’ve selected. Standard and Image formats will show the featured image. Video format will show the video. Gallery will show the slider. I’ve change that post format to gallery so you can see what I’m talking about.

Also turn off transparent main menu in theme options. Only enable it on pages that need it.

msukheraca
    Participant

Hello,
    After you have suggested the plugin, DISABLE MOBILE RESPONSIVENESS, I can see that site images are not mobile responsive which looks not good,what you suggest

msukheraca
    Participant

I am using filter for post on home page, when I use filter option from a mobile device when the result pops up it show image non-responsive, please help me to correct it

sharmstr

I suggested the plugin because of the issues you were having. Again, we’ve proven its not a kleo issue because you had the same issues with Kleo disabled and the WP 2016 Theme enabled.

Its not Kleo causing it. It happens with the WP 2016 Theme enabled. Probably an issue with your hosting and the new way that WP adds the srcset parameter to images. Not sure.

Maybe try this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-responsive-images/

If that doesnt work, ask on the WP forums and tell them that its not working with the WP 2016 theme enabled.

msukheraca
    Participant

Well I completely understand, is there any way I can delete current WordPress installation and install new and keep KLEO enabled instead of WordPress, 2016

msukheraca
    Participant

I have explained earlier that I am not a pro, can you help me find the way if I can disable 2016 wordpress and enable KLEO.

sharmstr

That wont necessarily fix this issue. Please take my advice and speak to your hosting company and/or ask on the WP forums before doing anything rash.

msukheraca
    Participant

I would need to know exactly what they are saying the hosting issue is. Responsive content is coded in your site design, and wouldn’t generally be supported in Live Chat. We can certainly check on any specific settings the theme developer has stated are responsible, but since I didn’t develop the theme I cannot say what is required for it to function.

ABOVE ISTHE MESSAGE FROM MY HOSTING COMPANY GUY, HE SAID THEOR IS NO ISSUE FROM HOSTING, AND HE CANT TELL ANYTHING ABOYT THE RESPOSIVNESS ISSUE AS HE HAS NOT DESIGNED THIS THEME

msukheraca
    Participant
     msukheraca
    Participant
     sharmstr

Please understand that when you disable Kleo and enable the WP 2016 theme and you still have an images issue, that means that Kleo’s code is not causing the issue. That means that there is either something wrong with your hosting setup or perhaps something with in WP. I’m not trying to blow you off, but I cant control what happens on your hosting server nor can I debug WP code.

So, to get past the “its your theme problem” that your hosting is telling you, enable the WP 2016 Theme and have them look at it. There are two places where this was an issue. 1 – on the post itself (front end) and 2 – when editing the post in the featured image metabox.

With all of that said, I just went back to your site, disabled the “disable responsive images” plugin and your images are loading fine and they are responsive on mobile devices.

msukheraca
    Participant

Sir,
    I really appreciate your patience and support, and I am not complaining.
    You are saying right.
    I have done it anything with the theme, Before I had avada installed here later I bought KLEO and installed it here.I am not a professional developer so really have no idea when I activated 2016WP and when not.
    Now if you are on my home page.
    everything looks fine.
    but I am using a filter for the post in the home page.
    when I am using the filter to search any specific post from a mobile device.
    and when search result shows up, In mobile device it shows up not as responsive.
    can you please check it for me the specific issue which I am referring too.

sharmstr

Not a Sir 🙂

Enabling and disabling themes is done in WP Admin > Appearance > Themes

If I go to your home page the images look the same before applying the filter and after applying the filter. I’m guessing this is due to the fact that I disabled the “disable responsive images” plugin from before (perhaps you missed the part where I told you that).

If I’m missing something, please be more specific about the issue you’re seeing. See attached screenshot of before filter and after filter.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     msukheraca
    Participant
     sharmstr

I did. Those images are from mobile. And they look the same in the desktop. So, again, I’m not seeing the issue. See attached for the desktop view. All three show the same amount of the image. Nothing is missing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     msukheraca
    Participant

You are absolutely right, no issue with chrome on any android, try the same feature in safari if possible from any IPHONE

sharmstr

Dont have an iphone. I’ll assign to someone who might.

sharmstr

Laura – do have an iphone so you can test this? Ignore most of this topic. Just start reading from this point: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/post-main-images-error-unable-to-show-multi-images-and-self-hosted-video#post-104374

msukheraca
    Participant

please don’t assign it to someone just discuss the issue with your technical team, and let me know if any outcome.

sharmstr

Dont worry. This is how we do it.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?