This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     nsb
    Participant

How can I change the previous and next posts links on single post page so they are just normal links.

The problems and reason I want to change is on desktop the links don’t stand out and on my iphone the links don’t show if title is long which is most of my posts. Also on iphone tapping links needs to be done twice. First time Safari options come up then need to tap again for link to work. I don’t want this I just want simple normal links, thanks.

Catalin

Hello,

Add this code in your function.php file from your child theme:

COPY CODE

function kleo_post_nav( $same_cat = false ) {
    	// Don't print empty markup if there's nowhere to navigate.
    	$previous = ( is_attachment() ) ? get_post( get_post()->post_parent ) : get_adjacent_post( $same_cat, '', true );
    	$next     = get_adjacent_post( $same_cat, '', false );

if ( ! $next && ! $previous ) {
    		return;
    	}
    	?>

<nav class="pagination-sticky member-navigation" role="navigation">
    		<?php
    		if ( is_attachment() ) :
    			previous_post_link( '%link', __( '<span id="older-nav">Go to article</span>', 'kleo_framework' ) );
    		else :
                if ($previous) {
                    previous_post_link( '%link',  '<span id="older-nav"><span class="outter-title"><span class="entry-title">Prev</span>', $same_cat );
                }
                if ($next) {
    			    next_post_link( '%link', '<span id="newer-nav"><span class="outter-title"><span class="entry-title">Next</span>', $same_cat );
                }
            endif;
    		?>
    	</nav><!-- .navigation -->

<?php
    }

let me know if this helps.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     gitaman
    Participant

Hello!
    How can I change text links “Next Member” and “Previous Member”
    Thank you

Catalin

See my answer above and you will need to change the text there in the code

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     amine
    Participant

Ho to disable this feature to show on the left and right with arrow of the next “Previous member”?

Abe
    Keymaster

Please add this CSS to disable navigation.

COPY CODE

.pagination-sticky {
        display: none;
    }

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?