This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     twoshoes
    Participant

Hi,
    On my site you must be a paid member to be able to send messages to other members. This has led to most of my members simply writing their email addresses on other members walls, in the forums, on status updates and comments.

After all, why would they pay money to send messages, when they can just leave their email address instead…

So, is there a way to block any attempt to write email addresses? Or does anyone have a suggestion how to deal with this issue?

I have seen on some dating sites, that when trying to write email addresses or web addresses or anything that could make it possible to find a person outside the site, like facebook, twitter and so on, that it is immediately blocked or hidden. Like s****@*****.com, perhaps there’s a plugin to do this?

One easy way would be to also block other features from the free members, such as viewing other members profiles, uploading pictures and so on. However, my problem is that I really need to let my members be able to see other peoples profiles, upload pictures and all the other things….in order for me to make them sign up. Everything HAS to be free….except sending messages…..that is the only thing I can charge money for.

Any suggestions are MOST appreciated !
    Thank you.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, with Paid memberships Pro installed you will see in Sweetdate – Memberships the option to restrict sending messages, so can restrict only that

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

twoshoes
    Participant

You misunderstood. I already have this enabled. My problem is that since I have this feature enabled, my members simply just write their email addresses all over the site, on walls, in the forum, on comments…..they simply write their email addresses, and so they avoid having to pay for a membership.

Abe
    Keymaster

I see now what you mean .. we looked for some plugins but only found for bad words, swearing, etc. If we find something we’ll let you know.
    You can talk with a developer to achieve that, you need to filter the content based on a REGEX rule to match emails in all the locations where you have problems

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

twoshoes
    Participant

I see, thank you for replying 🙂

viennalimos
    Participant

Message filter is a must .

gotard
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more! The fact that users can write emails inside the messages or elsewere is a “breach” that must resolved

Globetrekker
    Participant

Has anyone found a solution to fix this issue?

Abe
    Keymaster

I don’t have a solution for that unfortunately. Try looking for a plugin to restrict it.

---

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?